Hand of Doom

Options
Doc_Hawk
Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
Ok, that's the best song title I could think of for this string. Since treatment last week, some of my fingertips have been hyper sensitive. So much so that just brushing the tip of my left ring finger against one of it's neighbors is irritating. It reminds me of the way my feet felt before I started getting treatment for neuropathy. I know this is due to the chemo, but has anyone else experienced this high a degree of sensitivity in their fingers? Even wearing gloves irritates them, sometimes maddeningly so. Kind of reminds me of the old Stephen King short story "I Am The Doorway" from Night Shift.

Comments

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Is that the one...
    where eyeballs grow in the guy's fingertips? There are so many weird side effects with chemo, it wouldn't totally shock me if that was one of them. Anyway, my hands haven't been that sensitive but my feet are like that, even a year post-treatment. They're tingling and buzzing, even as we speak/type. Very unpleasant (but not as unpleasant as finger eyeballs, so there's that, at least). Ann
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Options

Is that the one...
    where eyeballs grow in the guy's fingertips? There are so many weird side effects with chemo, it wouldn't totally shock me if that was one of them. Anyway, my hands haven't been that sensitive but my feet are like that, even a year post-treatment. They're tingling and buzzing, even as we speak/type. Very unpleasant (but not as unpleasant as finger eyeballs, so there's that, at least). Ann

Yup
    That's the one, Ann. That'd be a real kicker: get eyeballs and then the freaky cat eyelashes on the fingers. Reckon then I could shout "here's lookin' at you, kid" when I wave to people.