4 weeks into recovery

DDBurkhardt
DDBurkhardt Member Posts: 13
Hi Everybody,

I had a laproscopic nephectromy on my left kidney. I'm four weeks into recovery and I felt like I was doing pretty good, but 3 days ago I started to get a pain close to the incision site. Now it feels like a hard ball inside of me. Is that normal? I contacted pneumonia while in the hospital and I coughed so hard I was worried about getting a hernia. I feel like I'm kinda going backwards instead of forward. Should I contact me doctor or has anyone experienced this type of hardness and pain? Thanks so much for whatever information you can give me.

Debbie

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Pain
    Debbie,

While it is probably nothing and unusual pains go with the initiation. Check it out with the Doctor.

Icemantoo
  • littledarlin
    littledarlin Member Posts: 102
    Going Backwards
    Hi Debbie..I am 7 weeks post opt. I did have some soreness and hardness with one of my incisions that felt like a hard golf ball on the inside for about 6 weeks. Now that it is week 7 it feels just fine. I know what you mean about feeling like you are going backwards sometimes..I still get tired a lot quicker than I would like, but it is getting better..

You might want see your doctor about the pain and hard ball at the incision site if it doesn't improve.

Keep hanging in there.

Littledarlin..
  • DDBurkhardt
    DDBurkhardt Member Posts: 13

Going Backwards
    Hi Debbie..I am 7 weeks post opt. I did have some soreness and hardness with one of my incisions that felt like a hard golf ball on the inside for about 6 weeks. Now that it is week 7 it feels just fine. I know what you mean about feeling like you are going backwards sometimes..I still get tired a lot quicker than I would like, but it is getting better..

You might want see your doctor about the pain and hard ball at the incision site if it doesn't improve.

Keep hanging in there.

Littledarlin..

Pain
    Hi littledarlin,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I honestly don't know what I would have done if I hadn't discovered this discussion board. The pain has subsided some. I think I just want it to go away so badly, but I know it's going to take time. I am so blessed to be cancer free and that's all that matters. Hope you continue to feel better each day.

Debbie