OMG

Options
jamiegww
jamiegww Member Posts: 384
My mind is so pre-occupied with getting that stupid PET scan today that I forgot to call my Dad on Father's Day. I would like to call him today but I'm afraid I would start crying so I just emailed him an apology. For some reason a song has been replaying over and over again in my head and it's not even a song I usually listen to. The song is "Don't Fear the Reaper". My mother emailed me that she was concerned about me but she doesn't know why. My scan isn't until 4:30 this afternoon and I will be a basket case by then. I will never again accept such a late appointment for something like this. Maybe I'm just missing my morning coke. I'm going to listen to something on the radio and hope to replace that tune that seems to be stuck in my head. If they play that song, I will definitely freak out though. Thanks for listening to my craziness and I hope I didn't cause that song to go through your head.

HUGS!!!
Jamie

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    It is understandable that
    It is understandable that you are nervous. We all would be. Do you have any anxiety pills or nerve pills that you can take? It might help.

Good luck and praying for good results.

Hugs, Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

It is understandable that
    It is understandable that you are nervous. We all would be. Do you have any anxiety pills or nerve pills that you can take? It might help.

Good luck and praying for good results.

Hugs, Debby

Jamie, I am sure your Dad
    Jamie, I am sure your Dad will understand. You have a lot on your mind right now.

Positive thoughts and prayers,

Noel
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Take a deep breath, do
    Take a deep breath, do something that will occupy your mind, and take an anti-anxiety pill...you will get through this. I'm hoping that all the anxiety will be over nothing!

Hugs,

Linda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Take a deep breath, do
    Take a deep breath, do something that will occupy your mind, and take an anti-anxiety pill...you will get through this. I'm hoping that all the anxiety will be over nothing!

Hugs,

Linda

Jamie, I so know what you're going through
    Had my PET on Friday and now anxiously awaiting results.

Sending all my positive energy and prayers to you for an easy time and great results.

Hugs, Renee

P.S. Love the picture of the Chihuahua--I grew up with one named Pancho and he lived for 21 years!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Sending all my positive energy and prayers to you for an easy time and great results.

Hugs, Renee

P.S. Love the picture of the Chihuahua--I grew up with one named Pancho and he lived for 21 years!

Jamie....
    Hopefully by now you are home and resting. Sending prayers for good results!

Hugs & Prayers, Debi
  • jamiegww
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Jamie....
    Hopefully by now you are home and resting. Sending prayers for good results!

Hugs & Prayers, Debi

I made it through the PET!
    I hope I never have to do that again but I feel like a warrior right now. I got lost for about 15 minutes going and again leaving but I got there and back home on my own. I had a hard time holding my breath at times and I was in excrutiating pain in my right arm the last half of the scan. It just doesn't like being held over my head. When the tech guy saw how much I was hurting, he said if I have to do it again that I can keep that arm to my side. My first thought was, I'm never doing that again and then I thought.....why don't they mention that to begin with??? His original instructions were to keep my head still and my arms above my head. Why can't these people be made aware of what WE are dealing with after mastectomy and lymph node removal??? Anyway, thank you all so much for getting me through this. I feel fairly certain something will show up but maybe I could be wrong. I'll let you know.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • jamiegww
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Thanks Renee!
    I am praying you get good news about your PET. Thank you for your comment about my Chihuahua. I bought him in a Walmart parking lot and he might have been from a puppy mill because the woman had puppies of different litters. I never ever thought I would want a Chihuahua but he just stole my heart that day. He basically begged me to take him home. We were told he was 4 months old but my VET said his teeth indicated he was almost 6 months. We didn't trust his shot records so we repeated his puppy shots. It also turned out he has one dry eye which we have to treat twice a day. Anyway, I named him Taco and he loves me like he's known me his whole life and we haven't even had him a whole year yet. Twenty-one years! Wow....I hope I live that long for Taco because he definitely prefers me over my husband.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • jamiegww
    Options

Take a deep breath, do

Hugs,

Linda

Thank You Linda!
    I don't have any anxiety pills but you all got me through it. Now the only anxiety I have is whether or not they want to reschedule my onc visit until I have a biopsy. I think I would rather see her to discuss the PET first. I was actually scheduled to see her my last visit but 30 minutes before my appt. I got a call informing me that she had to work in a new patient and asking if I could see the NP instead. I was already on my way and didn't want to miss out on getting my CT results so I said yes, of course. I also told myself, mentally, that they wouldn't have done that if it was bad news. I was wrong. Telling me I needed a PET and biopsy seems like bad news to me. We'll see what happens this time around.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • NewOne39
    NewOne39 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Thank You Linda!
    I don't have any anxiety pills but you all got me through it. Now the only anxiety I have is whether or not they want to reschedule my onc visit until I have a biopsy. I think I would rather see her to discuss the PET first. I was actually scheduled to see her my last visit but 30 minutes before my appt. I got a call informing me that she had to work in a new patient and asking if I could see the NP instead. I was already on my way and didn't want to miss out on getting my CT results so I said yes, of course. I also told myself, mentally, that they wouldn't have done that if it was bad news. I was wrong. Telling me I needed a PET and biopsy seems like bad news to me. We'll see what happens this time around.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

I really understand
    I too have a lot of anxiety when it comes to those tests and even more as I wait for the results. I am praying for you.

I also love Chihuahuas (never thought we would own one). Bought one for my Mother and ended up with three.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-/
    I'm sure your Dad understands, he loves you it is totally understandable! Like others have said try to keep yourself busy so the time passes quicker. I will keep you in my prayers!

Hugs,

RE
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-/
    I'm sure your Dad understands, he loves you it is totally understandable! Like others have said try to keep yourself busy so the time passes quicker. I will keep you in my prayers!

Hugs,

RE

Oh Everyone is going to
    Oh Everyone is going to understand when you tell them. Praying for good news.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Oh Everyone is going to
    Oh Everyone is going to understand when you tell them. Praying for good news.

I am sure everyone, even
    I am sure everyone, even your Dad will understand. Hoping & praying for you!
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am sure everyone, even
    I am sure everyone, even your Dad will understand. Hoping & praying for you!

Just wanted you to know you
    Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers ...

Eva
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Jamie
    just wanted to add my positive vibes to the pot of good luck.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Jamie
    just wanted to add my positive vibes to the pot of good luck.

Hugs,
    Ayse

You are in my thoughts and
    You are in my thoughts and prayers Jamie.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    epark said:

Just wanted you to know you
    Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers ...

Eva

Prayers sent!
    Prayers sent!