Fluid Build Up

Options
Debbye48
Debbye48 Member Posts: 17
I am in my 4th month of bilateral Mastectomy, My problem is I have had fluid build up in my Breasts. I have them drain 4 times and the pumps inserted 3 times any one out there having fluid build up. I had to stop taking Radiation 3 times because of it. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me.

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hey Debby. I had a
    Hey Debby. I had a lumpectomy, so, I can't answer your question, but, I know that the pink sisters here that did have a mastectomy, if they had this problem, can help you with some advice.

Wishing you good luck and hoping you get some answers,

Jan
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    I had a lot of

Hi Debbie

I had a lot of problems with fluid. I had three large seromas that had to be drained by a Radiologist using Ultra Sound to guide him and I had the drains with the little suction bags put back in twice. Some of us are just prone to this problem. That was almost six years ago and everything has been okay since then.

I don't know if there is anything you can do, but keep on moving forward. Just wanted to share my story that it all worked out eventually.

All my best.
  • Debbye48
    Options

Hey Debby. I had a
    Hey Debby. I had a lumpectomy, so, I can't answer your question, but, I know that the pink sisters here that did have a mastectomy, if they had this problem, can help you with some advice.

Wishing you good luck and hoping you get some answers,

Jan

Thank You

Thank You
  • Debbye48
    Options
    3cbrca said:

Hi Debbie
    I had a lot of

Hi Debbie

I had a lot of problems with fluid. I had three large seromas that had to be drained by a Radiologist using Ultra Sound to guide him and I had the drains with the little suction bags put back in twice. Some of us are just prone to this problem. That was almost six years ago and everything has been okay since then.

I don't know if there is anything you can do, but keep on moving forward. Just wanted to share my story that it all worked out eventually.

All my best.

Thank You for sharing

Thank You for sharing
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Bumping up
    this post. I am hoping that if you can keep this fluid thing under control now it will lead to less problems later. No input from me but perhaps bumping this up will get you more answers.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Debbye48 said:

Thank You for sharing

Thank You for sharing

Bumping up too so that the
    Bumping up too so that the other pink sisters can respond that have gone through this

Wishing you good luck and hoping someone can help you.
  • Debbye48
    Options
    Noel said:

Bumping up too so that the
    Bumping up too so that the other pink sisters can respond that have gone through this

Wishing you good luck and hoping someone can help you.

Thank you i will

Thank you i will
  • Debbye48
    Options

Bumping up
    this post. I am hoping that if you can keep this fluid thing under control now it will lead to less problems later. No input from me but perhaps bumping this up will get you more answers.

Thank you i will

Thank you i will