Great report from scans

ivfour
ivfour Member Posts: 49
I had my appointment this AM and got the best news about my scans. Abdominal, chest, pelvic, and bone scans were all clear with no evidence of disease. I have been on Votrient 400mg daily for the last year and it has kept me in remission. I am off of it for 2 weeks due to slightly elevated liver enzymes and still just having minimal GI side effects. He thinks I will stay on it for 5 years depending on side effects and then see what research shows to do then. I am so very blessed to be in remission. God is good and to think I am only on the votrient because insurance wouldn't pay for the Affinitor.

Comments

• Gordon Charles
    Gordon Charles Member Posts: 91
    Very Nice....
    Congratulations !!! You are a great example of my universal reply for anyone asking about fighting cancer: I live "til I die and I ain't dead yet!
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

Very Nice....
    Congratulations !!! You are a great example of my universal reply for anyone asking about fighting cancer: I live "til I die and I ain't dead yet!

Clear scans
    Great news and another example of a life saved by a combination, but this time Harley + Votrient. You've been doubly lucky - the bike accident revealing the cancer and being one of those whom Votrient suits so well. It's a drug that does seem very good indeed for some folks and maybe for a lot more in the future. Here's hoping that's you're cured and you'll be riding along with Fox and the other biker freaks here for decades to come.

[Have a great week Fox but do use plenty of sunscreen!!!}
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Wonderful news!
    Terrific! So happy for you. Needless to say I'm hungry for MDX1106 and Votrient news (since my husband is on MDX/Votrient trial), and your news is even better than I would have expected combined with a wonderful prognosis from your Dr.

Congratulations.
  • matchframe
    matchframe Member Posts: 58
    Congrats!!!

Congrats!!!