My dad had colorectal cancer...

About 2 years ago my dad was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. He had a resection and changed his diet & lifestyle. He ate herbs and did everything that he's supposed to do, but this April he had found out the cancer metastasized to his liver. Starting from January he was complaining that he was unable to digest food, and he thought it was because he was aging. So he took enzymes to help him digest. And he lost so much weight all of sudden. We should've know something was wrong. We thought it was H. Pylori and treated with antibiotics. He went to the doctor then, and was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. My dad was scheduled for chemotherapy last Friday, but started to begin vomiting blood and he had bloody stools. So I took him to the ER and he's been admitted since. He worsens by the day. It tortures me to see him in the hospital bed knocked out (Ativan). His oncologist came by today and have seen him (at groggy state) and he said he shouldn't do chemo at this stage. He'll see and take it day by day. My heart is broken to see my dad with so much weight loss and no energy. I wish I could give some of my energy and some of weight to him... He's also so swollen (arms, legs, and etc). God please help us all!!!

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Welcome
    I'm sorry you and your Father are going through this. Please find comfort here. There are many people like yourself who are going through similar situations as caregivers, and as cancer patients with advanced disease. I'm a stage IV with ovary and lung mets, currently NED (no evidence of disease), and hoping to stay that way.

Please post any questions you may have, or if you need to vent, you can do it here. There are people on this board who have lost a loved one to colorectal cancer who can offer you encouraging words during this hard time.

Many hugs to you and your father.

Krista
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    I am sorry
    I am sorry for your father,I am stage 4 with a tumor on my liver,golf ball size,I haven't had any of the problems that your dad has had.I wish you both the best of luck.You both have to stay strong for your fathers sake.I know it's hard but you have to do it.This is my second time around with cancer.I hate cancer!!!.Good luck.
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Prayers
    Even without a name to address in prayer, I will still say some knowing that God will know who I pray for. I'm so terribly sorry that you're father and you are going through such a terrible ordeal. It is possible that what he is suffering is not cancer related and may be easily resolved. I will pray that that is the case.

God Bless

Doc/Ray
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Prayers
    Even without a name to address in prayer, I will still say some knowing that God will know who I pray for. I'm so terribly sorry that you're father and you are going through such a terrible ordeal. It is possible that what he is suffering is not cancer related and may be easily resolved. I will pray that that is the case.

God Bless

Doc/Ray

Hope
    All we can offer you are prayers and Hope and a schoulder to lean on.
    hugs
  • marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Sorry to hear this
    Sorry about your Dad. But he is in the hospital where they can monitor him, give him fluids and help stabilize him so chemo can be evaluated. Keep supporting him and reach out to the CSN boards for support for you. Good thoughts and prayers!