Starting Chemo, nervous

Options
2»

Comments

• RobinKaye
    RobinKaye Member Posts: 93
    Options
    mskautz said:

Had first chemo, has anyone had this weird symptom??
    Hi All, Finally had my first chemo thingy yest. The only thing that I find that is weird so far is when I take a first few bites of something I get pain in my jaw on both sides. It will go away after like the fourth bite. Now the only other time I used to get this pain in my jaw is when I would drink alcohol, which I don't do. Am seeing the chemo people to get my pump off tomorrow but in the meantime wanted to find out if anyone else has had this. Thanks, Kathy

Weird symptom
    My husband has the first bite jaw pain, it's caused by the oxi. His usually subsides by the second or third bite but that first bite is really bad. I don't think everyone gets this, his nurse didn't even know about it, but it is a known symptom. It should go away a few days after the pump is removed.
  • mskautz
    mskautz Member Posts: 30
    Options
    RobinKaye said:

Weird symptom
    My husband has the first bite jaw pain, it's caused by the oxi. His usually subsides by the second or third bite but that first bite is really bad. I don't think everyone gets this, his nurse didn't even know about it, but it is a known symptom. It should go away a few days after the pump is removed.

weird symptom
    Hi RobinKaye, Thank you so much for answering, yeah I'm sure when I tell them about this tomorrow they will not have heard of it. I am trying different foods and drinks and its pretty much no matter what if it's food, drink, hot, room temp. it lasts at least 4 bites and I'm getting afraid of eating and drinking the pain is really bad. How did you find out this is a symptom of the oxi? So I can expect this everytime I wear the pump? Thank you so much! Kathy