Very recently diagnosed w/ Cancer - Scared and Mad!

Options
2»

Comments

• CMW48
    CMW48 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    MsGebby said:

I am so sorry we meet this
    I am so sorry we meet this way. Your anger is warranted. However, from the way you wrote your post, I gather that your are quite strong. That anger/energy will help you move forward and make the right decisions.

The ladies here have all given wonderful advice (as always) so there is not much I can add.

What I do want to say is "Keep the Faith. He is with you every step"

I know how hard this is. I think we ALL know how hard this is for you. This site is the best place to be for support and love.

Keep us posted. We are here for you.

God Bless You!

Mary

Thanks So Much!
    Wow, I can't tell you how much all your words and stories mean to me. They have given me hope. I had actually started composing 'goodbye' letters in my mind, wondering if my husband and I would see our 25th Anniversary next year, and wondering if I would ever see my grandkids. But those thoughts are not productive, I need to think on 'good things!'

I have an amazing amount of people praying for me and God has answered those prayers - I was able to get into MD Anderson on June 6. The doctor at MDA, after reviewing all my past mammograms and ultrasounds, had some concerns. 1st, it is rare for breast cancer to originate from the breast but to not show in any image. Not unheard of, but rare. She wanted to confirm the point of origin since it affects treatment (as I'm sure you all know and I'm finding out.) She also said that normally they do tests that take weeks, but at the rate of growth of the lump she expedited the tests. That day I had bloodwork and chest x-rays, the next day more mammograms, a bone scan and ct scan and then on Friday I had and ultrasound, two fine needle aspirations - which were benign, then more mammograms to mark clip and an echocardiogram to see if my heart can handle the chemo.

I will have an MRI of the chest are on the 13th and then meet with the doc that afternoon to see what the treatment plan is. She already has me tentatively scheduled for chemo on June 20th, so things are moving rather fast after all! I'm nervous about the diagnosis and prognosis I will receive on Wednesday, but God has moved so much already that whatever happens I know this is the path he has chosen for me. One I certainly wouldn't have chosen for myself - but who would? Who can know the mind of God? All we can do is choose our reaction to the pains and disappointments of life - to rail against Him or ask for His help.

That being said, I know I will have down moments and I appreciate that this is a place I can be me, whether I'm having a strong day or a weak one. I will keep you updated, and again, thank you all for replying to my post!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

sorry to hear you are going
    sorry to hear you are going through this..you have come to the right place to vent, be scared, worried...everyone is great here..

Denise

Welcoming you and also
    Welcoming you and also saying how sorry I am that you've come to this board. I wish that no one ever had to again, meaning that a cure was found.

Wishing you good luck, sending prayers and also a few hugs!

Kylez