Believe

Options
Eltina21
Eltina21 Member Posts: 173 Member
Hi Everyone,
Although I have not written as much as I should, everyone is still in my heart. This website gave me so much encouragement and I am thankful to be going strong today. I would like to write today for a dear friend, Michael, who was just diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer with mets to the liver. He is now going through chemotherapy. He is one of the kindest people and I know that he is scared, however, I believe that he will fight. Please keep him in your prayers. As for me, I am doing fine due to GOD'S grace. I am still listed as cancer free via blood tests and my latest colonoscopy. I have promised to be supportive other cancer patients when assistance is needed. Again I that you all, keep smiling and enjoy life.

Peace and Blessings,
Karen

Comments

• JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Thanks...
    Same to you and your friend. He has you to help him through these initial phases that are so hard on us, especially the wide-ranging emotions. I'll say a prayer for you both and keep fighting the good fight! Dan
  • Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My prayer for Michael and
    My prayer for Michael and Karen...

God, be the the source of healing and strength for both Michael and Karen. Guide them through their treatment and bring them much Love and support from all their family, friends, health care professionals, co-workers, and co-patients.

This I ask through our Lord Jesus Christ

Amen

From Phil in Michigan, colorectal stage III (possibly stage IV depending on findings from lung resection surgery scheduled for tomorrow)
  • Eltina21
    Options
    Phil64 said:

My prayer for Michael and
    My prayer for Michael and Karen...

God, be the the source of healing and strength for both Michael and Karen. Guide them through their treatment and bring them much Love and support from all their family, friends, health care professionals, co-workers, and co-patients.

This I ask through our Lord Jesus Christ

Amen

From Phil in Michigan, colorectal stage III (possibly stage IV depending on findings from lung resection surgery scheduled for tomorrow)

Positive prayer
    Hi Phil,
    I am sending my prayers to you as well. Christ will be with you during your surgery. Keep that wonderful smile and stay blessed.

Peace and Blessings,
    Karen
  • Eltina21
    Options

Thanks...
    Same to you and your friend. He has you to help him through these initial phases that are so hard on us, especially the wide-ranging emotions. I'll say a prayer for you both and keep fighting the good fight! Dan

Thanks
    Dear Dan,
    Thank you so much and have a great day.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Karen
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    what a great person
    With a friend like you, Michael should be just fine. Pray he does well during his treatments. Jeff
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Options

what a great person
    With a friend like you, Michael should be just fine. Pray he does well during his treatments. Jeff

Belief
    I am not a religious person myself but do strongly believe in the value of hope and support in this process. One of the greatest values of this site is the accurate empathy people with lived experience of this illness can bring and give tooterhs with it. I am pleased to hear you continuing in that vein for your friend.

I wonder if they might like to visit us here on this site themselves one day?

steve
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    steved said:

Belief
    I am not a religious person myself but do strongly believe in the value of hope and support in this process. One of the greatest values of this site is the accurate empathy people with lived experience of this illness can bring and give tooterhs with it. I am pleased to hear you continuing in that vein for your friend.

I wonder if they might like to visit us here on this site themselves one day?

steve

power of prayer
    Personally I am a strong believer in the power of prayer and the power of our mind.
    I will keep your friend on my prayer list. Support is so valuable when we feel aloneand out of the loop.
    hugs, Marjan
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    thingy45 said:

power of prayer
    Personally I am a strong believer in the power of prayer and the power of our mind.
    I will keep your friend on my prayer list. Support is so valuable when we feel aloneand out of the loop.
    hugs, Marjan

Hey Karen....
    Good to see you and great to hear of your continues good health.....hey, why dont you encourage your friend to join this forum....we'd be glad to help him with those fears....we all have been there. You take care.

Jennie