I guess I can commit a crime

Options
1surfermom
1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
My sons school requires all parent volunteers to be fingerprinted. Today I went to get fingerprinted and the tech could not get my prints. It seems that I no longer have fingerprints, I guess there is nothing that can be measured on digital read. I was fingerprinted years ago, before my battle with the beast, for my teaching credential and I passed through the Department of Justice. Has this happened to anyone? I had AC,Taxol, Herceptin and Tykerb. I am really concerned because there are a group of moms who love to gossip at my sons school and if they find out I failed the fingerprint test they will think that I am some sort of criminal. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Love Surf

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Nah, don't worry too much about it
    My sister doesn't have cancer nor does she have readable fingerprints. Apparently, it happens.
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Options
    I have to get fingerprinted
    I have to get fingerprinted for teacher certification every five years and for sub teaching now ... 5 years ago they could not get a readable print said my lines on fingers were worn down ..... I did not have any cancer diagnosis then..... it just happens as you age and your skin changes it has nothing to do with cancer it is very normal I would not worry and if parents even bring it up I would show them your fingers and say they no longer can give a deep enough imprint to read or process I cant believe volunteers need that???? Do you need background checks as well? Sue D
  • bluwillo
    bluwillo Member Posts: 113
    Options
    There are 2 ways to take prints
    One is the common "here, put your finger on this goo and then on this paper". The other is a digital scanner. Ask for the scanner kind, it will detect more than the goo kind. Good luck!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    bluwillo said:

There are 2 ways to take prints
    One is the common "here, put your finger on this goo and then on this paper". The other is a digital scanner. Ask for the scanner kind, it will detect more than the goo kind. Good luck!

bumping up ...
    darn spammers!