SO ready for a vaca!

HootieGirl
HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
Hi wonderful girls!!

Just wanted to give y'all a quick update while I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to EUROPE! I had such an incredible birthday and I am so thankful for all of the well wishes and sweet cards from you girls. We survived sin city and I had an amazing time with my girlfriends and family. I've been having some issues with my hip right around my scar area, so I finally decided to stop being stubborn and get it checked out before my trip. I had a ct scan yesterday and the doctors found multiple tumors just outside the radiated field. I have a tumor the size of an orange right on my scar and a couple golf ball sized tumors nearby. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good news, but I refuse to let it affect my trip. I started my 2nd round of Xeloda yesterday, and since there is measurable disease we will be able to see if it is working. I saw my surgical oncologist yesterday and she suggested doing radiation first and if that doesn't work, then she can cut it out. My back has been getting worse also, so I just need to be careful while I'm abroad, but I'll probably see a neuro surgeon when I get home and have surgery to fix my fractured vertebrae.

Anyway, I'm not letting this slow me down. I am so stinkin excited for Europe and my cruise and my parents even surprised me and bought my boyfriend a plane ticket to come with us for part of the trip! Its going to be beyond incredible! Just wanted to update y'all a bit. I will continue to keep you ladies in my thoughts and prayers while I lie by the medeterranian sipping on some Sangria! Lots of love!!

Kat

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Leaving on a Jet Plane...
    Kat... there is no slowing you down, no matter what! LOVE, LOVE your Spirit and Energy, Kat. You have a BLAST on your European trip/cruise. Kudos to your parents for inviting your boyfriend on the trip. I am happy for you and know you are going to relish your time abroad and soak up plenty of culture! Send us pics when you have time.

Much Love and Hugs to You and Yours.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow sounds like a wonderful
    wow sounds like a wonderful surprise to have you boyfriend going!I am sorry you are having issues but this treat sounds like a great time.

Denise
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

wow sounds like a wonderful
    wow sounds like a wonderful surprise to have you boyfriend going!I am sorry you are having issues but this treat sounds like a great time.

Denise

Oh yea, Kat!
    I feel your excitement through my computer and I'm getting just as excited for you! You will have an amazing trip--mostly because you'll make it amazing.

Positive energy and prayers going to you to make that Xeloda zap out those tumors. Have tons of fun with your family (and cutie-petutie boyfriend!)

Remember--we always expect pictures when you get back.

Love and hugs,
    Bon voyage, Renee
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Bon Voyage
    Enjoy your cruise on the Mediterranean! So many lovely cities in Europe. I wish that I was going too.

Your folks are wonderful to bring along your boyfriend. May you enjoy your time there to the hilt!

Best,

Doris

I hope Xeloda does it's stuff!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    SIROD said:

Bon Voyage
    Enjoy your cruise on the Mediterranean! So many lovely cities in Europe. I wish that I was going too.

Your folks are wonderful to bring along your boyfriend. May you enjoy your time there to the hilt!

Best,

Doris

You go girl!
    Have a wonderful time...I know you will...and you deserve it!!!!

Big hugs, sweetie
    Nancy
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    MAJW said:

You go girl!
    Have a wonderful time...I know you will...and you deserve it!!!!

Big hugs, sweetie
    Nancy

Enjoy
    Enjoy every second of your well deserved vacation. One of my co-workers just came back from Europe - pics were amazing. Have fun!! As always, your attitude is such an inspiration!

Hugs, Debi
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Kat I am so excited
    for your trip, and how wonderful of your parents to arrange for your boyfriend to be with you for part of the trip. It is so good that they are including him in your good times and what wonderful memories for all of you. Like Renee said, your excitement is coming through! Have a great trip and can't wait to see the pictures. You lie along the Mediterranean Sea and sip as many Sangria's as you like!

Those pesky tumors can wait to be treated until you get back! Your job is to just cruise, shop, sip and have the time of your life.

Hugs and happy trails,
    Carol
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    camul said:

Kat I am so excited
    for your trip, and how wonderful of your parents to arrange for your boyfriend to be with you for part of the trip. It is so good that they are including him in your good times and what wonderful memories for all of you. Like Renee said, your excitement is coming through! Have a great trip and can't wait to see the pictures. You lie along the Mediterranean Sea and sip as many Sangria's as you like!

Those pesky tumors can wait to be treated until you get back! Your job is to just cruise, shop, sip and have the time of your life.

Hugs and happy trails,
    Carol

Kat .. You deserve every ounce of happiness, love,
    joy, and hope our universe has to offer. Enjoy yourself, happy adventures and hope
    that your back doesn't create any difficulties or pain for you.

Gentle hugs, and prayers for you, dear Sister in PINK.

Vicki Sam
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Kat
    Glad to hear your trip to Vegas was fun. I am sure your European trip will be just wonderful. Have a great time!

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Have fun beautiful girl!
    We are so thrilled for you! You are and continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs,

Sylvia
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Kat you're amazing and
    Kat you're amazing and adorable!! You go girl and you enjoy Europe, just be extra careful, and you'll be fine! I'm so excited for you!!!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Kat you're amazing and
    Kat you're amazing and adorable!! You go girl and you enjoy Europe, just be extra careful, and you'll be fine! I'm so excited for you!!!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

bumping up ....
    darn spammers!!
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    First I want to say
    "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" sorry I was late with the wishes.

And ... O M G! You are going to absolutely LOVE Europe. I have never been overseas but I live vicariously through my daughter. She has traveled extensively and now lives in Israel! Her favorite country in Europe is Spain. I do hope you get to see the countryside of Barcelona. She tells me it is just so beautiful.

Is is alright for me to ask you to have a Sangria or two for me??? Somehow I know you can handle it.

Enjoy sweet Kat. You are blessed with wonderful parents and sweet boyfriend.

Bon Voyage and I look forward to seeing how much fun you had through your posted pictures.

Much love,

Mary
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Yay!
    Have a fabulous time, Kat! You deserve it!
    Hugs,
    Linda
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    SIROD said:

Bon Voyage

Best,

Doris

Have the best time
    Have the best time ever!

Hugs, Lex
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    sea60 said:

Have fun beautiful girl!
    We are so thrilled for you! You are and continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs,

Sylvia

You amaze me! Have the time of your life!