Has anyone have eye problems on Femara

jerseygirl231
jerseygirl231 Member Posts: 178
My left is now swollen and the sight in the eyes have gone down. Im dealing with docs that dont think it is do to the drug but I think different. The only thing is the ye doc is saying we will watch this . I feel like I got sock in the eye no fun

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Maybe
    Since starting Femara I have had some eye changes that one eye Dr says are probably Femara related and the eye surgeon says no.

I started Femara Feb '10 and in Nov '10 when I went for my annual eye appt there was quite a difference since the last appt (Nov '09 which had been after A/C and while I was on Taxol) so got new glasses. Went in Nov '11 for annual again. This time there were more changes than should be expected AND cataracts had developed. So had cataract surgery on Feb 1 & 15, '12. So far so good.

Both my PA and Chemo Dr (don't see surgeon or Rads Dr anymore) say it's possible that A/C, Taxol, rads and Femara could all have played a part or any alone but it's also possible that it's just 'age' catching up with me (I'm 65). Personally I think that the TX's are to blame either individually or in conjunction with each other.

That's just my experiences and thoughts so that doesn't mean that it's true or not. What is a fact is that I developed cataracts after A/C and Taxol and while on Femara/Letrozole.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Aromatase Inhibitors
    After a minor fall resulted in 3 vertebra fractures while on Arimidex, I went on a bisphosphonate. Then developed an eye condition called uveitis. The blame was in the bone strengthener. I was on Arimidex for about 9 years and then used Femara for 2 additional years. My eyes continued to have problems with uveitis but there was no other problems.

I don't recall reading about aromatase inhibitors causing eye problems. Have you read the possible side effects of this drug and read eye problems?

Best wishes in resolving this eye problem.

Doris
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    SIROD said:

Aromatase Inhibitors
    After a minor fall resulted in 3 vertebra fractures while on Arimidex, I went on a bisphosphonate. Then developed an eye condition called uveitis. The blame was in the bone strengthener. I was on Arimidex for about 9 years and then used Femara for 2 additional years. My eyes continued to have problems with uveitis but there was no other problems.

I don't recall reading about aromatase inhibitors causing eye problems. Have you read the possible side effects of this drug and read eye problems?

Best wishes in resolving this eye problem.

Doris

bumping up ....