re pain...again

Options
glinka65
glinka65 Member Posts: 132
thank you all for the feedback on my last post...update, my abdominal pain is worse everyday, had a pet scan today, waiting for results, i am changing my doctor, and going to moffit here in tampa, id never bad mouth anyone that trys to help you but after a stage 4 diagnosis and being around for 3 yrs it seems my dr has had his focus elsewhere,sorry about my rant, my question is, how much pain is to much, do i go to the er??? or wait out these results, much like all of you we are tough, and fight through but this is truley worrying me, my wife says go to the er and see what they say, i say no...the pain meds work but there is no doubt something is up!!..again its late and im ranting, but you guys always give me the comfort i need..so i guess my point is...im changing docs, exploring radiation, but these things take time and im hurting!! thank you all for listining!!

Comments

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    go to er
    If your pain is so bad I would go to er. They will run a bunch of tests and might be able to figure out what is causing your pain. While there have them give you a shot for your pain so you can get some relief. I've been in youe shoes and after the er trip I felt better. The down side to going to the er is how long it takes. Pray your pain is nothing serious. Jeff
  • glinka65
    glinka65 Member Posts: 132
    Options

go to er
    If your pain is so bad I would go to er. They will run a bunch of tests and might be able to figure out what is causing your pain. While there have them give you a shot for your pain so you can get some relief. I've been in youe shoes and after the er trip I felt better. The down side to going to the er is how long it takes. Pray your pain is nothing serious. Jeff

thanks jeff....seems to be
    thanks jeff....seems to be my olny choice!! did they keep you over night??/ thank you so much for your thoughts
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Options
    pain
    Glinka,

It saddens to read that your pain is so terrible. I agree with Jeff: go to the ER. It's an unknown variable if they will keep you over night, but I would count on it, especially if they give you a serious pain killer. While there, it is a remote possibility that you may get your test results early. I'll say a prayer for you before I go to sleep tonight.

Doc
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just wanted to tell you
    Hi, Just wanted to tell you I go to Moffitt and am very happy with the care there. I get my test results the same day. i am presently NED and very grateful/
    (I also think you should go to the er.)Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Judy
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    My personal experience suggests that
    heading to ER is a good idea. I know it's a huge hassle, but pain can get be an indication that something is really wrong. Both of my trips ended in emergency surgery, and thank goodness i went, because I'm still here to tell the tale. Hopefully, it will turn out to be nothing too serious (certainly a lot of people have pretty significant pain from adhesions, which can develop if you've had surgery in the past) but the only way to be sure is to be seen. Keep us posted, we'll be thinking of you-Ann