An interesting article re: TNBC

Options
Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/245431.php

The article is fairly long...some researchers at MIT have had some success with changing the timing of when current chemos are administered. They've only tested so far in mice, so even clinical trials will be a while...still gives me hope.

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Linda...
    I haven't read the article yet...but whenever I take articles to my oncologist, who I really like, of this nature he just rolls his eyes at me and says.. "We've been "curing" cancer in mice for years by giving them megadoses of things that a human couldn't handle and we aren't mice!" But, I'm like you, it gives hope...my oncologist also says when we find out what causes cancer, we can cure it...

I'll read the article..thanks for posting this...hope you're feeling okay..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    MAJW said:

Linda...
    I haven't read the article yet...but whenever I take articles to my oncologist, who I really like, of this nature he just rolls his eyes at me and says.. "We've been "curing" cancer in mice for years by giving them megadoses of things that a human couldn't handle and we aren't mice!" But, I'm like you, it gives hope...my oncologist also says when we find out what causes cancer, we can cure it...

I'll read the article..thanks for posting this...hope you're feeling okay..
    Hugs, Nancy

Thanks so much, Linda! I
    Thanks so much, Linda! I read everything current that I find on TNBC. Don't have time to read it tonight, but have it bookmarked.
    Angie
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Thanks Linda!
    It is a very interesting article! I too, seek out whatever info I can find about treatment for TN. I am heartened to see there are possible new modes of chemo delivery that have also worked on other cancers. I'm happy to see they're working on new treatments period.

I hope something will be made available soon!

Hugs back!
    Karen
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Thanks Linda!
    It is a very interesting article! I too, seek out whatever info I can find about treatment for TN. I am heartened to see there are possible new modes of chemo delivery that have also worked on other cancers. I'm happy to see they're working on new treatments period.

I hope something will be made available soon!

Hugs back!
    Karen

Linda, I just read the
    Linda, I just read the article. I recognized the Doxorubicin as Adriamycin that many of us have had. But the Erlotinib was unfamiliar and I don't recall reading about any Pinks being on it. (??)
    I'm just glad research for TN issues is being done. Very much needed! Thanks again for posting about it.
    Angie
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Thanks Linda:) I'm TNBC so I
    Thanks Linda:) I'm TNBC so I like ready up on it as well. Thanks for sharing:)
    ~Kari
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thanks Linda:) I'm TNBC so I
    Thanks Linda:) I'm TNBC so I like ready up on it as well. Thanks for sharing:)
    ~Kari

bumping subject up ...
    due to spam