Options
2»

Comments

• backachedp
    backachedp Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Hondo said:

She came to see me
    I could not believe it but the hospital let my Pit bull come in to see me, something about it helps people to heal faster. Oh I was so glad to see her and see she was doing a lot better. She was there for me through all my treatments just like a mother, when I hurt she would lay down by my side and keeps me warm. What a blessing God gave to us, whether it is a dog or cat or whatever, animal we are all blessed because of them.

Love my Pitt, a dog will treat you back the way you treat them, you show them love and they will show you love.

Thanks everyone
    Hondo

Harley
    I am so happy you got to see your Harley :) Bob and I have a Pit Bull who I resuced from the Cemetery/Funeral Home I work at. She is the most loving wonderful dog...we already had a golden lab and I was a tad bit worried about bringing the 2 together but after 2 hours they were best friends, Her name is LadyBug she was left to die and I had not known she was even there we have numerous animals dumped at our Cemetery it was a Friday and one of the Ground Crew guys came up with her and said gotta call Animal Control as it was a Friday and Winter 3 years ago...I could not let that happen...I called Bob and he said yep bring her home she was by his side as was Chico the entire time he was sick and they do have a way of knowing when we are not feeling well and they comfort us. I am so happy you got to see your baby. It breaks my heart to see how they get such a BAD name because people treat them to fight etc...our LadyBug is a bit skittish but besides that she is the most loving girl. Our Dog's are like our kids they get spoiled with LOVE. The love they give to us is unbelievable....if some people had the heart of dog's the world would be a much better place. I am hoping you are doing better and gad your Harley is also doing better. Youa are so right we are blessed because of our animals.
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Sorry about your dog
    Hondo:

So sorry they wouldn't let your son bring your baby to see you. Although shelties and dachshunds are my favorites I have known a pit bull that was a wuss! She lived next door to us when we first moved in our house 14 years ago. She was very sweet and lovable and they had raised her from a puppy. Chargee (my new puppy) is growing like a weed. He's very sweet and am working on the fact that Mama is not a chew toy! He and Sammy (the dachshund) are now bff's! I have a picture of them in their doggie stroller at the park and will try to upload it (it's on my cell phone). Hope and pray that infection is gone soon. Am praying for you and yours and your baby too! God Bless!

P.S. Decided to read the rest of the posts after I had posted this! So glad they changed their minds and y'all got to see each other. I have no doubt it was wonderful medicine for you both. You know she might just have been stressing out over you're not being at home with her!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    maybe
    maybe you should take a short ride in chair outside and have someone bring your buddy for a short visit.

nothing like our buddies seeing them and them excited to see us.

john
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Pets, gotta love 'em
    Hi Hondo,

Glad to hear your buddy got in to see you. It probably made Harleys day too. I truly know what it feels like to love a pet and feel their love back.

Here’s to better times with our friends.

Matt

P.S. That is Justine (the wonder cat) in the picture with me.
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

Pets, gotta love 'em
    Hi Hondo,

Glad to hear your buddy got in to see you. It probably made Harleys day too. I truly know what it feels like to love a pet and feel their love back.

Here’s to better times with our friends.

Matt

P.S. That is Justine (the wonder cat) in the picture with me.

Love those Pits!
    Hey Hondo

Glad to hear you got to see your pooch. They're the best. Don't have any now, but still volunteer at an inner city no-kill dog rescue shelter. So most of the dogs are Pits that have been rescued from fighting rings. Most of them are real sweeties, but of course there are a couple of ornery ones too (just like here, won't name any names - pat).

Greg
  • hislove40
    hislove40 Member Posts: 51
    Options
    I agree with Noelle - inner ear infection possibly
    Hondo -
    I hope she feels better very soon - God bless her! We've had several that come into care with inner ear infections that mimic those sorts of symptoms - hope it's that as it's easy to treat. Take care of yourself!!!
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hondo, I just read just now
    Hondo, I just read just now that you are in the hospital. I hope your infection clears up so you can get home to be with your dog. Nice of the hospital to let her visit. When you get home you could be the caregiver. Take care my friend, it has been nice this week to hear from all my old buddies from CSN. Get Well Soon, Homer
  • dales2loud
    dales2loud Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Hondo said:

She came to see me
    I could not believe it but the hospital let my Pit bull come in to see me, something about it helps people to heal faster. Oh I was so glad to see her and see she was doing a lot better. She was there for me through all my treatments just like a mother, when I hurt she would lay down by my side and keeps me warm. What a blessing God gave to us, whether it is a dog or cat or whatever, animal we are all blessed because of them.

Love my Pitt, a dog will treat you back the way you treat them, you show them love and they will show you love.

Thanks everyone
    Hondo

Good dogs
    My son has to pit pups, they ar a sweet as all puppies are.
    Get Better soon!
    Dale
  • dales2loud
    dales2loud Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Hondo said:

She came to see me

Thanks everyone
    Hondo

Good dogs
    My son has to pit pups, they ar a sweet as all puppies are.
    Get Better soon!
    Dale
  • Jahnsart
    Jahnsart Member Posts: 41
    Options
    I have one as well
    My pit is the most loving and gentle dog I have ever had. What a terrible Rep they have, it is so untrue about the breed being a danger. It mostly comes down to bad owners. I had and old dog and she was doing the same thing yours is. She would fall over and run into walls, the vet diagnosed her with an age related disease of the brain, the tweed sides of her brain can't coordinate. It eventually gets better and she was able to function again and lived for two years more. Take care of yourself and get better.