QUESTION FOR THE LADIES

tuffenuff
tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
Just sitting here wondering if any of you have had any other cancers prior to the head and neck stuff? I had cervical cancer about 8 years ago. So far, my docs haven't voiced any concern with this being my second time around. I'm kind of scared to ask if this has any bearing on my prognosis.

Comments

• longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    I'm not a lady
    but until one comes along, thought Id take a preliminary stab at this. Your two cancers are entirely different locations, and will not have treatment overlaps. Head and neck is treated by local surgery, local and regional radiation, and chemotherapy. So there won't be overlap with cervical cancer treatments. I note your cervical ca was stg IB. That is often treated with radical hyst and pelvic node dissection. Or sometimes it is treated with radiation, depending on several circumstances. You should do fine this time. Welcome to the group. Sorry you had to come.

Pat
  • tuffenuff

I'm not a lady
    but until one comes along, thought Id take a preliminary stab at this. Your two cancers are entirely different locations, and will not have treatment overlaps. Head and neck is treated by local surgery, local and regional radiation, and chemotherapy. So there won't be overlap with cervical cancer treatments. I note your cervical ca was stg IB. That is often treated with radical hyst and pelvic node dissection. Or sometimes it is treated with radiation, depending on several circumstances. You should do fine this time. Welcome to the group. Sorry you had to come.

Pat

Yes I had a hysterectomy and
    Yes I had a hysterectomy and 19 lymph nodes removed. Thanks for the response. I find myself thinking about this HPV thing and if it just wreaks havoc on everything.
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    This is my first fight with the beast....
    but longtermsurvivor is a Gynecologist....so any input he has would be coming from a very competant source...

p
  • tuffenuff

This is my first fight with the beast....
    but longtermsurvivor is a Gynecologist....so any input he has would be coming from a very competant source...

p

thats good to know!!!

thats good to know!!!
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    A few years before
    the big fight I had a scc removed from my left cheek. Not at all related to the right upper lip and mets. I am HPV-. I think that the sun did me in. Lots of sunburns in my youth.