Options
2»

Comments

• ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

My reply...
    When people start telling me a "story" I just, as someone said, I put my hand up and say...." if this doesn't have a happy ending I don't want to hear it! " when I had my first diagnoses, I had a precious friend who constantly told me what and what not I should put in my body and on my body...meaning everything needed to be " organic" ...she almost did me in with flax seed muffins...they were delicious...they were BIG muffins,homemade and I was eating 2-3 a day...well you can imagine how much time I was spending in the bathroom! I had no idea what flax seed did....duh! Finally made the connection...duh again! And she even brought me organic shampoo...I had to laugh at that....I was bald...lol. Finally after, honestly getting tired of her "thoughtfulness" on ever thing had to be organic, I had to say..." Diana, I appreciate all you've done for me, I know you're organic, but you have BOTOX injections...how organic is that?". ..even she had to laugh....

I, also, when given medical advice, I just say I have 3 physicians and I follow their advice...I was much more tolerant with my first diagnoses than I have been this past year since my recurrence...less patient..

Hugs, Nancy

Baking soda really!!!
    Wow I could have swallowed baking soda and saved myself alot of time, and money. Wonder why they don't teach that to the oncologists.

I use my sense of humor, or should I say sarcastic remarks and bust up laughing in their face.
  • psat
    psat Member Posts: 6
    Options
    people say the craziest
    people say the craziest things sometimes....i have been stunned as well, even with what some of my closest friends said to me after i told them of my dx.....after hearing one reply i sent out an email stating basically what was going on with me, the treatment option i had decided on and that i would appreciate all & any support from each person, but please do not tell me any horror stories their family, friends or distant acquaintances experienced-good or bad.....and for sure no conspiracy theories or that colonics would have kept cancer away :o)...

much luck with your surgery...

i hope you are able to surround yourself with a great support team! my team kept me sane...

paula
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    psat said:

people say the craziest
    people say the craziest things sometimes....i have been stunned as well, even with what some of my closest friends said to me after i told them of my dx.....after hearing one reply i sent out an email stating basically what was going on with me, the treatment option i had decided on and that i would appreciate all & any support from each person, but please do not tell me any horror stories their family, friends or distant acquaintances experienced-good or bad.....and for sure no conspiracy theories or that colonics would have kept cancer away :o)...

much luck with your surgery...

i hope you are able to surround yourself with a great support team! my team kept me sane...

paula

Stupidity should hurt.

When my hair was finally growing back in and was about just long enough to cover my scalp I was visiting an RV resort that my boyfriend's parents are always at. One of their friends comes up to me and says 'oh, I don't think I'd like that look on me', or something close to that. I told her hey with a little chemotherapy she too could also have no choice in the matter.

I mean, seriously.. these are retired seniors - you'd think after 70 or 80 years they would've learned a few manners or at least to be civil...!

(((Hugs)))