My morning

Options
Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
I got up, got the kids off to school, the hubby went to work out...I went back to bed and slept till 10:30! Oh my, it felt luxurious!

I hope you all get to do something luxurious for yourself today!

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Good
    Good for you Linda! You deserve to feel luxurious!

Pamper yourself!

Hugs, Debi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    How wonderful, you deserve a luxurious day...shoot you deserve a boat load of luxurious days! Glad you week is starting off on the right foot!

♥ RE ♥
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Yahoo Linda!
    Good "work" I hate to tell you how many times I have done that kind of thing since
    April 2nd. Some days the computer and daytime tv capture all of my attn, except maybe a nap. I think maybe I am getting more productive, but it may just be the off Xeloda week.

Good for you!

Jennifer
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    How wonderful, you deserve a luxurious day...shoot you deserve a boat load of luxurious days! Glad you week is starting off on the right foot!

♥ RE ♥

Yeah!
    It is wonderful isn't it? My sleep is once again all screwed up...I usually am asleep by 10:00....sleep til 4-5:00 am...ahhhhh but then I go back around 6:00....and sleep til anywhere from 8:00- 10:00.... Your morning sounds wonderful....do it every day this week.....you deserve it, sweet one!

Linda did you read the post where I asked you about asking your oncologist about Avastin? Mine got me on it through the manufacturer....at no cost to me....they replace what they give me, twice a month, to my cancer center...the FDA pulled it in Jan. For stage IV bc and of course our insurance denied it due to the FDA pulling it...but evidently the FDA is going to look at it again.....it might be worth asking about...I receive it along with Carboplatin....every two weeks.....the SE of Avastin are almost nil...it's the Carboplatin that gets me! I had Avastin alone 4 weeks ago...never a problem....I have lost 23 pounds, didn't need to either, due to my taste buds being so out of whack!

Again, head back to bed each morn....You made the right decision!
    Big hugs, Nancy
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Yahoo Linda!
    Good "work" I hate to tell you how many times I have done that kind of thing since
    April 2nd. Some days the computer and daytime tv capture all of my attn, except maybe a nap. I think maybe I am getting more productive, but it may just be the off Xeloda week.

Good for you!

Jennifer

Enjoy, Linda! You so
    Enjoy, Linda! You so deserve rest---and it's GOOD for you!
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    AngieD said:

Enjoy, Linda! You so
    Enjoy, Linda! You so deserve rest---and it's GOOD for you!

That's beautiful linda enjoy
    That's beautiful linda enjoy every moment...you soooo deserve it

Eva
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect!
    Good for you Linda! Glad to hear you are enjoying your time off for some much needed rest.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Sounds perfect!
    Good for you Linda! Glad to hear you are enjoying your time off for some much needed rest.

Yeah, Linda!!!
    I am so glad you enjoyed your leisurely morning. I actually got to do some great stuff too--went to the gym for the first time in over 5 months, did 30 minutes on the elliptical, arm work and then came home, hooked myself up in my lymphedema machine, put on the classical music channel, got a nice massage and actually fell asleep for 2 hours. When I woke up, I felt rested, calm and just plain nice.

Good job, Linda--keep enjoying your days.

Hugs, Renee
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Savor that Calgon
    Perfect! Savor that Calgon moment. When I try to sleep late, my little dog, Cindy Lou, begins to jump on the bed, up and down, with excitement. She loves sleeping in. It just cracks us up.
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Sleep
    Happy for you...we spend so much of our lives too busy to enjoy the simple things, glad you are able! The other day I kind of woke up to hear birds chirping (my favorite sound) but didn't open my eyes and said to myself I was so comfy I would sleep in, then I opened my eyes to look at the clock and saw it was 10:15 already! Guess I had already slept in.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    MAJW said:

Yeah!
    It is wonderful isn't it? My sleep is once again all screwed up...I usually am asleep by 10:00....sleep til 4-5:00 am...ahhhhh but then I go back around 6:00....and sleep til anywhere from 8:00- 10:00.... Your morning sounds wonderful....do it every day this week.....you deserve it, sweet one!

Linda did you read the post where I asked you about asking your oncologist about Avastin? Mine got me on it through the manufacturer....at no cost to me....they replace what they give me, twice a month, to my cancer center...the FDA pulled it in Jan. For stage IV bc and of course our insurance denied it due to the FDA pulling it...but evidently the FDA is going to look at it again.....it might be worth asking about...I receive it along with Carboplatin....every two weeks.....the SE of Avastin are almost nil...it's the Carboplatin that gets me! I had Avastin alone 4 weeks ago...never a problem....I have lost 23 pounds, didn't need to either, due to my taste buds being so out of whack!

Again, head back to bed each morn....You made the right decision!
    Big hugs, Nancy

I didn't sleep in this
    I didn't sleep in this morning, but thinking about a nap right now...I did read about the avastin and I'm keeping that question on the back burner. If the abraxane stops working and we need to change meds, that's when I'll be asking about it.

I'm sorry to hear your tastebuds are so out of whack...23 pounds is a lot! Go eat something high calorie....and then take a nap!

Hugs,

Linda
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I love 'sleeping in'
    I'm so glad you are able to rest. Now bon bons, a good book, a great old movie, or...?

Hugs,

Sue
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

I love 'sleeping in'
    I'm so glad you are able to rest. Now bon bons, a good book, a great old movie, or...?

Hugs,

Sue

Wonderful!!!
    My kind of morning!!! Enjoy your R&R!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi ;0)