Good vs Sad.

Lorikat
Lorikat Member Posts: 681 Member
While at the grocery store the other day my friend (who doesn't know shy), struck up a conversation with a lady in the checkout line. Turns out the lady is a 7 year colorectal cancer survivor.......she had 18" of bowel removed, rad and chemo and has been NED ever since. She has two adopted children that she is raising and is going about the business of living.....

When I hear the sad stories, like Robin Gibs, and our own Lisa, I say a prayer for peace for them, then try to remember the happy stories as well. Only that keeps me going day to day...

THANK YOU "LADY IN LINE" for sharing GOOD news! (she is still embarrassed to say what cancer she has/had though.). Lorie

Comments

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,460 Member
    Must be a supermarket thing.
    Must be a supermarket thing. Right after my surgery a woman I never met said "I feel like you are ill, I have this ability" and she handed me a healing medal. Considering I was walking fine and dressed for the day (I did have on baggy sweatpants, but I could have just decided to be a bum for the day) I found it so odd. Then I thought I wonder if she goes to each aisle and says that until she finds someone who responds. lol But I did appreciate that she stopped to talk to me and I still have the metal and I'll keep it for my next surgery. It was so random and on point that it made me feel good for the day. Like I was getting a little sign that life is okay.
  • Lorikat
    Lorikat Member Posts: 681 Member
    Helen321 said:

Must be a supermarket thing.
    Must be a supermarket thing. Right after my surgery a woman I never met said "I feel like you are ill, I have this ability" and she handed me a healing medal. Considering I was walking fine and dressed for the day (I did have on baggy sweatpants, but I could have just decided to be a bum for the day) I found it so odd. Then I thought I wonder if she goes to each aisle and says that until she finds someone who responds. lol But I did appreciate that she stopped to talk to me and I still have the metal and I'll keep it for my next surgery. It was so random and on point that it made me feel good for the day. Like I was getting a little sign that life is okay.

Thanks, Helen! I had
    Thanks, Helen! I had forgotten about something similar that happened to me in Dallas..I was there for surgery to remove a Melanoma from my face and was waiting to hear if the margins were clear. To pass time I went to a Marshalls store to look around. (by myself). A woman was coming out and she stopped me asking if purple was my favorite color (I was wearing purple, shoes n all). She was dressed in a long colorful gypsy like dress and almost floating when she walked. I smiled and answered "it must be"... She took a ring off her finger and put it on mine. It was handmade amethyst beads and pearl beads, not an epensiv piece of jewelry but beautiful. She said purple was her favorite color as well and said she needed to share and it was going to be a wonderful day! I tried to return it but she just waved and walked away.

About 10 minutes later I got the call that MARGINS ARE CLEAR! I just pulled that ring out and put it back on... Thank you! Lorie
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Lorikat said:

Thanks, Helen! I had
    Thanks, Helen! I had forgotten about something similar that happened to me in Dallas..I was there for surgery to remove a Melanoma from my face and was waiting to hear if the margins were clear. To pass time I went to a Marshalls store to look around. (by myself). A woman was coming out and she stopped me asking if purple was my favorite color (I was wearing purple, shoes n all). She was dressed in a long colorful gypsy like dress and almost floating when she walked. I smiled and answered "it must be"... She took a ring off her finger and put it on mine. It was handmade amethyst beads and pearl beads, not an epensiv piece of jewelry but beautiful. She said purple was her favorite color as well and said she needed to share and it was going to be a wonderful day! I tried to return it but she just waved and walked away.

About 10 minutes later I got the call that MARGINS ARE CLEAR! I just pulled that ring out and put it back on... Thank you! Lorie

What I've had happen to me
    What I've had happen to me is when I go somewhere and there are people with a booth or a health supplement place they often bring up "colon cleanse" products out of the blue!!! I'm like, do I have something stamped on my forehead that says I have colon issues!!!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

What I've had happen to me
    What I've had happen to me is when I go somewhere and there are people with a booth or a health supplement place they often bring up "colon cleanse" products out of the blue!!! I'm like, do I have something stamped on my forehead that says I have colon issues!!!

What use to happen to me:
    Dogs smelling my legs every time I got a recurrence ! arggg!