Options
2»

Comments

• denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    ditto1 said:

God be with you
    he promises he will not put more on us than we can handle. I have to always remember that or I would problem go nuts. Because in this C world seems everyday seem like to much. So praying for you and your family.

Thanks
    Thank you all. I just got home from the hospital. Had my stress test and heart nuclear imaging, everything is ok with the heart now just some angina and anxiety related pain. The doctor explained some more about the thing in my lung. He said it is real small, just 4mms. He said it is a lung nodule and needs to been looked at as soon as possible, he would not hazard a guess on everything I asked him, he explained he is not a cancer doctor and does not know too much about it. I got a reply from my Onc in Hershey, I have to call tomorrow. I am not going to get all worked up until I know more, but thank you all, my wife and son thank you all too. Denis
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Thanks
    Thank you all. I just got home from the hospital. Had my stress test and heart nuclear imaging, everything is ok with the heart now just some angina and anxiety related pain. The doctor explained some more about the thing in my lung. He said it is real small, just 4mms. He said it is a lung nodule and needs to been looked at as soon as possible, he would not hazard a guess on everything I asked him, he explained he is not a cancer doctor and does not know too much about it. I got a reply from my Onc in Hershey, I have to call tomorrow. I am not going to get all worked up until I know more, but thank you all, my wife and son thank you all too. Denis

Stress Test....LOL
    Like you really need to take a stress test at the moment....

I'm sure that you have enough stress that you are handling at the moment.

JG
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Stress Test....LOL
    Like you really need to take a stress test at the moment....

I'm sure that you have enough stress that you are handling at the moment.

JG

I agree with John...
    yep...stress test not needed ... :)

Keep us posted Denis ....

Tim
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    denistd said:

Thanks

Good News
    Glad the heart is OK - very glad. Anxiety related pain??? Ya think?? Must be some juicy vicious circle kind of thing - pain makes you anxious - anxiety causes pain. Man, no wonder. Well, now that you got some good news from one doc, it's time for the next to have a turn spreading happiness.
  • BrianKrashpad
    BrianKrashpad Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Mojo
    sent from a fellow muso. You're in my prayers Denis.
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Thanks

I have a 4mm mass in my lung too
    Guess we are twins:) Seriously, I had one of these dudes followed for awhile. So have a number of other people here. Mine wasn't malignant. It waxed and waned according to where they happened to intersect it with the CT slice, and we finally gave up on it and decided I had more important fish to fry. Hoping that's all you've got as well. My latest scan, they didn't even see it, btw. That doesn't mean it is gone, just that they missed it on the slice.

Pat

PS I'm in Frankfurt today, so it isn't five thirty AM, it's really lunch hour:)
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    errrrr
    shocked and not fair at all. prayers going out for you and your family.

john
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

errrrr
    shocked and not fair at all. prayers going out for you and your family.

john

Denis
    Glad to hear your ticker is ok!! Seems to me that a lot of folks on this board have monitored those little suckers in the lungs and a lot of turned up to be something besides c. Betcha (and hoping) that's the case with you also. Positive thoughts coming at ya!

Greg
  • denistd
    Options
    GReid said:

tumor
    i was scanned in january and they found a tumor in my lung.when they did a pet scan with just glucose for contrast,cos i am allergic to regular contrast,it was just a calcified old tumor,and benign.so try the pet scan.dont let them go poking aroung trying to do a lung biopsy unless you discuss this with the radiologist and surgeon.lung biopsies behind ribs are notoriously hard to do,and complications can arise..you are in my prayers..also,i play a precision all maple for 30 yrs..

Bass
    Can't remember if my bass started out as a precision or jazzmaster. back in 63 an affiliate of fender in London took my bass and customized it, shaved the neck, changed the body shape to a telecaster thing. One day in Germany I got too close to the edge of the stage and went crashing into the crowd, the front of the bass got pretty dashed. Burns guitars in England gave me a new bass. It never felt the same as my fender. I put the fender back together and have it to this day. And that's it in the picture, that neck has stayed true all of these years.
  • denistd
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Denis
    Glad to hear your ticker is ok!! Seems to me that a lot of folks on this board have monitored those little suckers in the lungs and a lot of turned up to be something besides c. Betcha (and hoping) that's the case with you also. Positive thoughts coming at ya!

Greg

Shocked
    You all are magnificent, you have made this past few days a million miles better than I thought it would be. I am keeping very positive right now. I spoke to my onc at Hershey (you probably know where that is Dawn) and he said to get him a CD of the scan. I called my local hospital today and they will have it ready for me tomorrow then I will hand deliver it to the Onc. My son is in nursing school and is treating me like I am his patient and he is my cheerleader, how cool is that. Krashpad, ur amazing still banging out the stagework, I gave the stage stuff up 20 years ago. Denis
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Thanks

Ya, me too
    All of my scans showed a 4 mm "lung nodule." My most recent scan (a higher quality "Stanford" scan) showed two 4 mm nodules in my lungs. Nothing lit up. Stanford said "if they're not causing any trouble, they're not going to treat them." Keeping the faith.

Deb
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Shocked
    You all are magnificent, you have made this past few days a million miles better than I thought it would be. I am keeping very positive right now. I spoke to my onc at Hershey (you probably know where that is Dawn) and he said to get him a CD of the scan. I called my local hospital today and they will have it ready for me tomorrow then I will hand deliver it to the Onc. My son is in nursing school and is treating me like I am his patient and he is my cheerleader, how cool is that. Krashpad, ur amazing still banging out the stagework, I gave the stage stuff up 20 years ago. Denis

Denis
    Just got on here and saw your post, hope this turns out all right. Stay strong and Cheers.

Jimbo
  • denistd
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Denis

Greg

Oncologist
    Important lesson, don't let your local, small town hospital, scare the dickens out of you. I got the CD of the cat scan I had at my local hospital and took it to my oncologist today at Hershey Medical Center. He looked at it and said he is not concerned, nothing more needed to be done and will resume at my allotted scan time in September, said it's nothing to worry about. Thanks all, got us in a pickle.
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Oncologist
    Important lesson, don't let your local, small town hospital, scare the dickens out of you. I got the CD of the cat scan I had at my local hospital and took it to my oncologist today at Hershey Medical Center. He looked at it and said he is not concerned, nothing more needed to be done and will resume at my allotted scan time in September, said it's nothing to worry about. Thanks all, got us in a pickle.

wonderful news!
    Sounds good. Don't like false scares, either, but better to be safe than sorry.
  • LeoS2323
    LeoS2323 Member Posts: 160
    Options

wonderful news!
    Sounds good. Don't like false scares, either, but better to be safe than sorry.

Brilliant news
    So pleased for you Denis great news!!

All the best

Leo
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    LeoS2323 said:

Brilliant news
    So pleased for you Denis great news!!

All the best

Leo

YEEEEE - HAAAWWWW
    That is GREAT news Denis ...so happy for you man!!! Still got you on the prayer list ... :)

Tim
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    denistd said:

Oncologist

Fabulous!
    So glad I picked this thread as my "last peek for the night". I'm assuming your doc was not put off when you and your wife both kissed him. Thanks for sharing your joy with us - I'll be beaming on the way to bed.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    D-Man
    WTG Denis......

Enjoy your week-end.

~John
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

D-Man