Surgery tomorrow

Options
salls41
salls41 Member Posts: 340
My bi-lateral w/reconstruction is tomorrow morning.I have to be at the hospital at 5am. I have a good case of nerves going this morning. I have been through my chemo and still feeling tired from that, hope I am strong enough to do this. Hope that my pathology comes back clear, TNBC. So many thoughts running through my brain!
Thanks for listening.
Sandy

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Sandy
    Hoping for the best for you.My biggest worry would be waking up in time to get to the hospital, I am so not a morning person. Try to stay busy today so you don't have to think about it!

Prayers for a great outcome and a speedy recovery.
    Carol
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    camul said:

Sandy
    Hoping for the best for you.My biggest worry would be waking up in time to get to the hospital, I am so not a morning person. Try to stay busy today so you don't have to think about it!

Carol

Thank you
    Carol, I do appreciate it!
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    You're not going alone...
    Remember you're not alone in this. We are all with you, just wish we didn't have to be up so early also. Anyhow, deep breaths, relax, enjoy your evening and see what tomorrow brings...bet it will all go well. Keep us posted. As always, all in my prayers.
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Prayers for you Sandy!
    I hope and pray everything goes well for you during your surgery and healing! Yikes - 5AM! Well, it's better to get it going early since you'll probably be awake anyway.

Hugs to you!
    Karen
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Sandy

Carol

Sandy, praying for a
    Sandy, praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

Sue :)
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Prayers for you Sandy!
    I hope and pray everything goes well for you during your surgery and healing! Yikes - 5AM! Well, it's better to get it going early since you'll probably be awake anyway.

Hugs to you!
    Karen

Sandy, sending prayers
    and tons of positive energy your way for a successful, uneventful surgery and quick, painless recovery.

Soon, you'll be waking up, and the healing will already have begun.

Hugs, Renee
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Prayers for you Sandy!

Hugs to you!
    Karen

Prayers and positive
    Prayers and positive thoughts for you tomorrow Sandy!

Lex
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I hope all goes smoothly for
    I hope all goes smoothly for you, and that you have a quick recovery.

Hugs,

Linda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Sandy
    I will keep you in my thoughts and send you some positive energy for a quick recovery. 5 AM is early but we will all be there with you.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Prayers for you Sandy!

Hugs to you!
    Karen

Good luck
    Praying for a clear path report for you too!

Hugs, Diane
  • SlowRollin
    SlowRollin Member Posts: 75
    Options
    ladyg said:

Sandy
    I will keep you in my thoughts and send you some positive energy for a quick recovery. 5 AM is early but we will all be there with you.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Should be done and resting
    Well it's a little after 2pm and you should be in recovery. Hopefully all went well and your report is on its way to the lab.

I pray this next 24hrs isn't too painful and you're able to focus on a new you. Also praying on a clear pathology report!!

Thinking and praying for you during this time,

Tony
  • Barbara64
    Barbara64 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Your surgery tomorrow.
    I went thru my bi-lateral mastectomy's on Oct. 19, 2011. You'll do fine! there is usually a pain med they put inside of you after surgery and because the nerves are cut in surgery, you really don't feel much at all...I pray all goes well for you in the morning!!!
  • Barbara64
    Barbara64 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Your surgery tomorrow.
    I went thru my bi-lateral mastectomy's on Oct. 19, 2011. You'll do fine! there is usually a pain med they put inside of you after surgery and because the nerves are cut in surgery, you really don't feel much at all...I pray all goes well for you in the morning!!!
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Sandy ... prayers from
    Sandy ... prayers from Alaska heading your way keep us posted .... best wishes for a smooth recovery! Sue D.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    sdukowitz said:

Sandy ... prayers from
    Sandy ... prayers from Alaska heading your way keep us posted .... best wishes for a smooth recovery! Sue D.

Sandy .. Thinking and praying for you, and a
    speedy recovery...

Just wanted to add a few helpful tips:

take pain medication when necessary.

Multiple pillows in various, sizes help with sleeping on your back.Some fellow
    bilateral Sisters in PINK, opted to sleep on a recylinder during recovery.

Make sure you know what to milk - those 'drains'.

Please have cups, saucers, plates at arm level - as well as re-arranging your fridge for more commonly used items at arm levels. Tide/Downy small container sizes - also at arm level. Reaching up and grabbing heavy items -- will tear your stitches, as well as hurt your arms. Muscles and tissue in breast, as well as arm areas will be cut,moved and sewn back together.

I tried to take a bath ..but hence could not pull myself out of the our spa tub, no muscles or strength in my arms after bilateral mastectomy.. I am not one to who likes
    a sponge bath, to say the least. So I opted to shower ...My husband removed our shower head, and replaced it with a flex hose type so I could shower maneuvering the flex hose from waist down, as well as place shower water under my arms.

Lastly, please make sure you do your exercises as prescribed by Plastic Surgeon, and Physical Therapist.

Strength, Courage, Hope and Speedy recovery.

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    Options
    sdukowitz said:

Sandy ... prayers from

speedy recovery...

Please have cups, saucers, plates at arm level - as well as re-arranging your fridge for more commonly used items at arm levels. Tide/Downy small container sizes - also at arm level. Reaching up and grabbing heavy items -- will tear your stitches, as well as hurt your arms. Muscles and tissue in breast, as well as arm areas will be cut,moved and sewn back together.

I tried to take a bath ..but hence could not pull myself out of the our spa tub, no muscles or strength in my arms after bilateral mastectomy.. I am not one to who likes
    a sponge bath, to say the least. So I opted to shower ...My husband removed our shower head, and replaced it with a flex hose type so I could shower maneuvering the flex hose from waist down, as well as place shower water under my arms.

Lastly, please make sure you do your exercises as prescribed by Plastic Surgeon, and Physical Therapist.

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    Options
    sdukowitz said:

Sandy ... prayers from

speedy recovery...

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

speedy recovery...

Vicki Sam

Prayers and lots of hugs!

Prayers and lots of hugs!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

speedy recovery...

Vicki Sam

Sandy
    I'm assuming you are out of surgery by now - hope it well and you will have a quick recovery.
    Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!
    Debi
  • terrineedssomejoy
    terrineedssomejoy Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Hope all went well. It's
    Hope all went well. It's hard but so worth the pain. Good luck to you.