Options
2»

Comments

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Tim6003 said:

Tommy..
    Where can a person get this flouride trays you speak of ??? Over the counter or do we have to get them from the dentisit?

Thanks,

Tim

The Dentist
    Hi Tim,

Yes, just like it was already posted, you need to go to your dentist and have them take an impression. The fluoride gel they can order too. Or just use the toothpaste stuff and leave it in for five minutes.

Lucky for me, the Oral Surgeon who is part of the cancer team does not charge for oral cancer patients. Yes, a true hero in my book. The trays cost me $35 and came with one tube of gel. That was his cost and he passed it on to me. He says he can afford to treat the cancer patients for free because of the success of his regular practice. I've never met anyone like him before. He even gave me his personal cell number and said I can call 24/7. Wow. It left me speechless.

Tom
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the teeth!
    Sam,

Ii never could get use to an electric toothbrush, so you are on your own there. Just get a soft one.

Like most of us, a dental visit was mandatory before treatments began. My dentist was very helpful and even gave me calls at home (how cool). His office gave me a pint of Dentil-Care, Dentil-Pro Gel (fluoride treatment) which I used for 2-3 weeks, everyday before radiation treatments began. You either brush it on or use it in dental trays. I had trays from whitening, so I used them.

During radiation treatments we placed dental rolls along the top and bottom (outside gum), 4-places, to protect my teeth.

Switch to sensitive teeth tooth paste, the regular stuff burns. I used Biotene and Aquafresh, Sensitive tooth pastes, each felt good. As for dental floss, Glide is always my favorite (it is the same type my dental hygienist uses).

I now brush, maybe, 4 times a day, everything sticks throughout my mouth. Now, I need to get back on the fluoride trays. Also, I had my first post treatment cleaning and check-up and all was fine.

Keep smiling,

Matt