Overwhelmed

Options
rallendorfer
rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
I need some help on using this site. I just signed up and am unfamiliar with chat rooms and blogs and discussion boards. I was recently diagnosed and have 1 chemo treatment under my belt. My friend sent me an invite and here I am. I would love to have friends here!

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I wish you had no need to be here but since you do WELCOME I am glad your friend sent you here. Now you will instantly have a ton of Pink sisters and a few Pinkish blue brother's who are here to support you and lift you up as you go! The discussion board is just that, you start a topic you have a need to discuss and we all chime in! Sometimes it is as simple as I had a good day and want to share and other times it may be an emotional need or perhaps it is how to handle some side effects of chemo and rads. You'll find this group very open and very caring!

The blog portion is for you to post your information about your cancer journey, as little or as much as you wish.

The Expressions gallery is where many of us post photo's we want to share or milestone stories.

Chat is a great place to talk in real time to other survivors, however it is sometimes hard to access it.

Again Welcome,

RE
  • rallendorfer
    Options
    RE said:

Welcome!
    I wish you had no need to be here but since you do WELCOME I am glad your friend sent you here. Now you will instantly have a ton of Pink sisters and a few Pinkish blue brother's who are here to support you and lift you up as you go! The discussion board is just that, you start a topic you have a need to discuss and we all chime in! Sometimes it is as simple as I had a good day and want to share and other times it may be an emotional need or perhaps it is how to handle some side effects of chemo and rads. You'll find this group very open and very caring!

The blog portion is for you to post your information about your cancer journey, as little or as much as you wish.

The Expressions gallery is where many of us post photo's we want to share or milestone stories.

Chat is a great place to talk in real time to other survivors, however it is sometimes hard to access it.

Again Welcome,

RE

Thank you RE.
    The

Thank you RE.
    The Expressions Gallery had something about Jordan shoes that I just couldn't figure out what it had to do with breast cancer, and I couldn't access chat.
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options

Thank you RE.
    The

Thank you RE.
    The Expressions Gallery had something about Jordan shoes that I just couldn't figure out what it had to do with breast cancer, and I couldn't access chat.

Welcome!
    Hi!

I'm relatively new here myself. This site is very helpful and the ladies and men are very special! Remember, you're never alone - there's loads of us out there! I've found that the chatrooms are pretty inaccessible but the discussion board is pretty easy to get to. Unfortunately, the site is not always very speedy. There seems to be alot of waiting and not being sure that your post is being taken. You might see that some have posted twice at times - it's because of the lag time and pressing the "post" twice. Just some heads up.

I'm sorry you have the same problem as the rest of us but at least you found this site to have people to share the experience with. There's always someone here that can help when you need it.

I wish you the best during your treatment! I am 2 months out of treatment now and showing moves toward my new "normal". Make sure you take care of yourself - be kind to yourself!

Hugs and prayers for you!
    Karen
  • rallendorfer
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Welcome!
    Hi!

I'm relatively new here myself. This site is very helpful and the ladies and men are very special! Remember, you're never alone - there's loads of us out there! I've found that the chatrooms are pretty inaccessible but the discussion board is pretty easy to get to. Unfortunately, the site is not always very speedy. There seems to be alot of waiting and not being sure that your post is being taken. You might see that some have posted twice at times - it's because of the lag time and pressing the "post" twice. Just some heads up.

I'm sorry you have the same problem as the rest of us but at least you found this site to have people to share the experience with. There's always someone here that can help when you need it.

I wish you the best during your treatment! I am 2 months out of treatment now and showing moves toward my new "normal". Make sure you take care of yourself - be kind to yourself!

Hugs and prayers for you!
    Karen

Thank you
    Thanks Karen. I hope to get to know some people, too. Congratulations you made it through the chemo. What is your new normal?
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    Sorry you need to be here
    I am pretty new here myself. I am sorry you have to be here. I hope you find the love and support you are seeking. I have just finished 6 rounds of chemo and will be heading in for bi lateral mastectomy with reconstruction on Sunday. If I can help you in anyway..I am here for you! ((((Hugs))))
    Sandy
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options

Thank you
    Thanks Karen. I hope to get to know some people, too. Congratulations you made it through the chemo. What is your new normal?

I don't know yet
    I'm headed there. I'm discovering a new attitiude - my humor is back! The world just looks brighter! My hair is still regrowing - it has come in a little slower than I would have liked but oh well. It's a new color - white instead of blonde but a kinda like it. I'm redefined. I surprisingly, like it short - so much less fuss! I've found that how I look at things has changed - somethings that used to bother me are no big deal now. I appreciate my husband more - I think he appreciates me more. Nothing like a cancer experience to put things in perspective. I've been told this is somewhat common.

I've also been told that the chemo for breast cancer is known to be pretty nasty and I got through it and I now know I can do just about anything. It's putting one foot in front of the other and know that someday, the light will show at the end of the tunnel and it gets brighter as you make each step. You will get there - just keep tight with your oncol. My doc said our relationship is like a marriage - everything is about communication!

Take care!
    Karen
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I have been here for year or
    I have been here for year or two and only know of Discussions...I should check into chat rooms etc...

Welcome..

Denise
  • Faith1122
    Faith1122 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi!
    Hi rallendorfer! I am fairly new as del. Didn't even know about the chat rooms! I was diagnosed last Nov. & had dbl mastectomy in Feb. Going through reconstruction & soon to be on tamoxifen. No chemo . Nice to meet you but sorry it is here.
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    As others have stated, sorry to meet this way, but welcome none the less. I have only been on this board a couple months (had a double mastectomy in March for a rare secretory carcinoma), but been on the cancer site for over a year (diagnosed and treated for Anal Cancer in Feb 2011). The care, concern, and insite from people who have truely been there and done the same things is a Godsend for me. My docs are truely great but sometimes a unique question comes up at some awkward hour and this is a wonderful place to seek advice. Please continue to post and let us know how things are going. As always, all in my prayers.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Thank you RE.
    The

Thank you RE.

Just want to welcome you to
    Just want to welcome you to the site! Sometimes chat is hard to get into, but, just keep trying. You can get to it on the left side of this page, in the orange box, under Chat.

Hugs, Diane
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I have been here for year or
    I have been here for year or two and only know of Discussions...I should check into chat rooms etc...

Welcome..

Denise

Hello and welcome, though I
    Hello and welcome, though I am sorry you are here. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site and I hope that if you need anything, you will find it from the pink sisters.

Hugs, Debby
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    eihtak said:

Welcome
    As others have stated, sorry to meet this way, but welcome none the less. I have only been on this board a couple months (had a double mastectomy in March for a rare secretory carcinoma), but been on the cancer site for over a year (diagnosed and treated for Anal Cancer in Feb 2011). The care, concern, and insite from people who have truely been there and done the same things is a Godsend for me. My docs are truely great but sometimes a unique question comes up at some awkward hour and this is a wonderful place to seek advice. Please continue to post and let us know how things are going. As always, all in my prayers.

Hi
    Hi and welcome! As you can see, the support here is amazing! I was diagnosed a year ago and learned so much from the lovely ladies here...(and men too). This is the most wonderful group of people ever! Everyone here understands what you are going through and we are here to help and support you with every step of this journey.

Keep us updated~

Hugs, Debi
  • terrineedssomejoy
    terrineedssomejoy Member Posts: 15
    Options
    welcome
    I'm new here also but in just a few days I've talked to lots of lovely people. Keep up your spirit (as hard as it may seem). Laughter truley is good medicine..
  • Monicalynn
    Monicalynn Member Posts: 61
    Options

welcome
    I'm new here also but in just a few days I've talked to lots of lovely people. Keep up your spirit (as hard as it may seem). Laughter truley is good medicine..

welcome
    Welcome to the board, I am fairly new too, have had two chemo treatments so far and doing pretty good with them. Any question I have posted has always been answered with loving support from many people. I'm glad I found the board.
  • mimikitty
    mimikitty Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

welcome
    Welcome to the board, I am fairly new too, have had two chemo treatments so far and doing pretty good with them. Any question I have posted has always been answered with loving support from many people. I'm glad I found the board.

It's true, this forum is
    It's true, this forum is awesome. Everyone helped me so much by sharing their experiences and knowledge for every question I posted. A wealth of information as well as loving support in this community.
  • Blondiemomma
    Blondiemomma Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Glad you came early!
    I am thankful that you found this discussion board early. I went through surgery, chemo, and reconstruction....then I find it accidentally! It's wonderful, supportive people that have so much wisdom and love to offer. I don't have a fast Internet speed so the time waiting for the discussion to load cuts down on reading and posting. I hope you don't have that problem.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Nice to meet you, wish it was under more favorable
    circumstances. I came to this board after my dx & surgery, while I was still in treatment. It is here that I come with hopes and fears, with happy news and troubles, with my questions and encouragement for others. I don't think you'd ever find a kinder, sweeter group of women (& a few men) than here. I have met several in person and have made true friends.

Sue

(P.S. nice doggies!!)
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Nice to meet you, wish it was under more favorable
    circumstances. I came to this board after my dx & surgery, while I was still in treatment. It is here that I come with hopes and fears, with happy news and troubles, with my questions and encouragement for others. I don't think you'd ever find a kinder, sweeter group of women (& a few men) than here. I have met several in person and have made true friends.

Sue

(P.S. nice doggies!!)

Welcome
    Welcome to our group. You will find support in abundance here. I wish you the
    best in your treatment. I believe that other posters have already told you that sometimes this site gets a little slow, but just keep trying. Again, welcome, and check in often.