Mom CT scan results

spainmum
spainmum Member Posts: 29
Yesterday we got the results after three rounds of Folfiri + Erbitux. The Onc said the disease is stable and that the difference found were insignificant.

The inform said that of the two largest mets of the lung, one has gone from 23 to 21 mmm and the other from 23 mm to 26 mm and of the two largest mets of the liver, one has manteined size(42 mm) and the other has gone from 57 to 52 mm.

What do you think? Is soon to think the chemo is working or not? With more rounds the mets could decrease more than 3 mm?

Could decrease some mets and another grow?

Thanks to all for being here.

Celeste.

Comments

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Hi Celeste,
    If I understand

Hi Celeste,
    If I understand you correctly your mom has only had three treatments and there is good change, I am curious as to what her CEA has done.
    My husabnd what diagnosed feb 2011 with stage 4 with mets to the liver (several large mets). About half way through (6 treatments) they scanned and saw that there was great inprovement (CEA followed suit). In October he had the primary rectum tumor resected, illeostomy for four months and then liver resection in Feb 2012. It was a long haul with lots of prayer but we got to where we needed to be. His last scan last week he was clear (NED).
    I hope this helps give you some hope, this is the longest road but don't give up.
    GOD's blessings to you.
    Brenda
  • spainmum

Hi Celeste,
    If I understand

Hi Celeste,
    If I understand you correctly your mom has only had three treatments and there is good change, I am curious as to what her CEA has done.
    My husabnd what diagnosed feb 2011 with stage 4 with mets to the liver (several large mets). About half way through (6 treatments) they scanned and saw that there was great inprovement (CEA followed suit). In October he had the primary rectum tumor resected, illeostomy for four months and then liver resection in Feb 2012. It was a long haul with lots of prayer but we got to where we needed to be. His last scan last week he was clear (NED).
    I hope this helps give you some hope, this is the longest road but don't give up.
    GOD's blessings to you.
    Brenda

Thanks for your hoping
    Thanks Brenda for sharing the good results of your husband, it´s nice to read that this could happen. About CEA we don't know how is now, before the first round was 143 µg.

Celeste
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    spainmum said:

Thanks for your hoping
    Thanks Brenda for sharing the good results of your husband, it´s nice to read that this could happen. About CEA we don't know how is now, before the first round was 143 µg.

Celeste

Hi celeste, where are you from ? where are you treated?
    Welcome to the board my friend, keep in touch and ask for CEA on your next appointment it can indicate if chemo is working!
    Un abrazo.
    Pepe-Barcelona.
  • spainmum
    pepebcn said:

Hi celeste, where are you from ? where are you treated?
    Welcome to the board my friend, keep in touch and ask for CEA on your next appointment it can indicate if chemo is working!
    Un abrazo.
    Pepe-Barcelona.

Hi Pepe
    We live in Hospitalet(Barcelona) and my mom is treating on the ICO that is here in Hospitalet (you may now this hospital). The CT scan on the Clinical trial they do on Clinica del Pilar.

Abrazos.
    Celeste
  • pepebcn
    spainmum said:

Hi Pepe
    We live in Hospitalet(Barcelona) and my mom is treating on the ICO that is here in Hospitalet (you may now this hospital). The CT scan on the Clinical trial they do on Clinica del Pilar.

Abrazos.
    Celeste

ICO es el oncologic?.
    If so is an excellent place , just be a little bit patient ,hope next round of chemo will show a significant shrinkage .
    Have a big hug , and hope you continue among us.
  • spainmum
    pepebcn said:

ICO es el oncologic?.
    If so is an excellent place , just be a little bit patient ,hope next round of chemo will show a significant shrinkage .
    Have a big hug , and hope you continue among us.

Yes Pepe
    Is the Institut català d'oncologia. At the next appointment we will ask about how is the CEA numbers.

Hugs.
  • pepebcn
    spainmum said:

Yes Pepe
    Is the Institut català d'oncologia. At the next appointment we will ask about how is the CEA numbers.

Hugs.

Hope to see you often on the boards,
    please keep us informed !
    Hugs.