May has been a tough month

Options
Blondiemomma
Blondiemomma Member Posts: 41
I was diagnosed May 17th of last year. Today, my BFF was diagnosed with breast cancer. Is the world going crazy? Please send up a prayer for her. She is still reeling with shock.

Comments

• AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    I'm sending a prayer for
    I'm sending a prayer for your friend. I think right at diagnosis is maybe the hardest time, while you're trying to absorb it all, and before you have all the testing complete and a plan to follow.

Yes, to the world possibly going crazy! My husband was diagnosed with Stage IV Esophageal Cancer in June 2011 and I with BC just before the first 2012. (We're both getting Taxol every Tuesday right now.) And I play in a Bridge group of 8 ladies. 4 of us have been diagnosed with BC, 3 in 2011!

Angie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Will pray
    for her. Yes I was recalling at least two life altering issues that came in May for me. I suspect for me there are other months that have also had life altering events as well. My bc was a end of Feb beginging of March issue.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so sorry to hear of your
    so sorry to hear of your friends troubles. YOU will be wonderful friend and be understanding ,as you know the ropes --Sadly..

I"ll be thinking of both of you

Denise
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

so sorry to hear of your
    so sorry to hear of your friends troubles. YOU will be wonderful friend and be understanding ,as you know the ropes --Sadly..

I"ll be thinking of both of you

Denise

Prayers
    Prayers are being said for both you and your friend.

Hugs & God bless,

Dawne
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Will pray
    for her. Yes I was recalling at least two life altering issues that came in May for me. I suspect for me there are other months that have also had life altering events as well. My bc was a end of Feb beginging of March issue.

Praying for your friend.
    Sue

Praying for your friend.

Sue :)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    I will lift your dear one in prayer, so sorry to hear this. Let her know we are here for her to encourage her in any way possible.

I truly hope your coming year will be one of joy and good health.

Hugs,

RE
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hugs
    I will lift your dear one in prayer, so sorry to hear this. Let her know we are here for her to encourage her in any way possible.

I truly hope your coming year will be one of joy and good health.

Hugs,

RE

so .. so .. Sorry.
    Positive thoughts and prayers for the two of you. Breast cancer sucks! It will
    forever change your life ...

I am happy that you found our site of loving support ..

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    So sorry
    that this month does not bring happy memories (at the moment).

Perhaps you can suggest to your friend to drop by here and say hello. I know you will be by her side every step of the way but this group can be there for her when you need to step away for a while.

Prayers and hugs going your way and to your friend.

xoxo
    Mary
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Prayers
    Prayers are being said for both you and your friend.

Hugs & God bless,

Dawne

I'm sending prayers for you
    I'm sending prayers for you and your friend.

Hugs, Noel
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Sending up prayers and good wishes
    My Day is December 21. In 2010 my son-in-law shaved my head due to chemo hair loss, in 2011 I was rushed to the hospital due to brain mets. This year I am going somewhere, anywhere, turning off the phone and hiding like a coward.

Believe me, I get it,

Jennifer
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    VickiSam said:

so .. so .. Sorry.
    Positive thoughts and prayers for the two of you. Breast cancer sucks! It will
    forever change your life ...

I am happy that you found our site of loving support ..

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Lots of prayers and positive
    Lots of prayers and positive thoughts for your friend and you. I was wondering how you are doing now.

Hugs to you,

Angie