Surgery Scheduled now my legs are swelling

salls41
salls41 Member Posts: 340
My bi lateral is scheduled for this weekend and I am scared silly! Now, my legs have decided to swell 5 weeks out of chemo..what is this all about? I am taking lasiks, keeping legs up but not helping much. Do you think this will delay my surgery? I have an appointment pre surgery with my surgeon. Just looking for someone else who may have experienced swelling legs or anyone who may want to tell me what I can expect from surgery. Will I be able to pull myself off the potty? How about getting off the couch, will I have use of my arms? I am a big girl, it will be hard for someone to have to lift me.. sorry for so much in this post.. just getting worried as the time comes closer. thanks for listening!
Sandy

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    no advice just "THINKING OF
    no advice just "THINKING OF YOU"

HOPE all goes well

Denise
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    I guess I should mention I will be having immediate reconstruction.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Don't wait....
    Notify your doctors now about the leg swelling....they need to find out NOW what's causing it so it won't delay your surgery...
    I have no advice on mastectomy.....I had a lumpectomy, but I am sure some of our pink sisters will chime in with grat advice...

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    salls41 said:

I guess I should mention I will be having immediate reconstruction.

Call your doctor as soon as
    Call your doctor as soon as possible. He needs to know about this swelling. Good luck!

Hugs, Angie