Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, Encouragement needed!!

Options
2»

Comments

• meaganb
    meaganb Member Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    greg84 said:

Good Luck
    Hi Meganb,

I am also 27 and recently found a lump in my mouth...awaiting diagnosis. You will beat this thing!

I am inspired by your talk about your father and daughter! My wife and I were literally going to start trying to have kids in a couple of weeks but I guess we have to deal with this first!

Happy Mother's Day!
    Greg

Greg, I definitely hope it's
    Greg, I definitely hope it's nothing. If it is a salivary tumor, the good news is that the majority of those are benign. My ENT surgeon actually told me that he wouldn't have taken it out if it had not been causing pain. I feel so blessed that it was taken out when it was! Sorry you're having to deal with this junk right now. Hopefully you and your wife can start trying for a baby soon and this will be a distant memory. Kids are a blessing ! I hope you and your wife are blessed with many!:)
  • pitbull4me
    pitbull4me Member Posts: 4
    Options
    meaganb said:

Greg, I definitely hope it's
    Greg, I definitely hope it's nothing. If it is a salivary tumor, the good news is that the majority of those are benign. My ENT surgeon actually told me that he wouldn't have taken it out if it had not been causing pain. I feel so blessed that it was taken out when it was! Sorry you're having to deal with this junk right now. Hopefully you and your wife can start trying for a baby soon and this will be a distant memory. Kids are a blessing ! I hope you and your wife are blessed with many!:)

positive attitude is everything
    Good Luck Greg! And Meagan, I was diagnosed with ACC of the parotid in April 10 and had it removed 1 wk later. I had a 3 month old and a 6 1/2 yro at the time, and had just lost my mother to Pancreatic cancer the year before. I had 35 radiation,39 chemo and 56 Herceptin as I tested positiv for HERII receptor. Which they ar seeing alot of in HNC and gastro cancer patients,not just breast cancer patients anymore. My ON's classifid me as fast moving, highly aggressive.Due to radiation I was unable to eat for 32 days and then hospitalized for 34.I had my final PET June 23, 2011 and have been in remission for almost 11 months. My children were my reason for getting up and fighting everyday.The radiation has all but killed my thyroid. But positive attitude and little ones make you do what you have to do. You have come to a wonderful place for support!Good Luck!
  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    ACC
    Hello !
    A great source of info on this is accoi and their sister site accrf....statistics mean nothing...and yes we are very rare. Mine was in the right large saliva gland, resected.
    I am so glad they caught yours when they did ! Amen.....all sounds wonderful ! Most are low grade and slow growing. But if they got it all with clear margins, how awsome kiddo ! I don't think with what you're saying you will ever have to worry about this again. Get on the sites above, they deal specifically with our cancer, and visit with the survivors, and their inspirational stories of hope and survival. Heard from alot that have lived with this for 20-30 yrs. Katie