Good nnews in new treatments . Regoranfenib already in the market and Zaltrap in a few months!

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Sanofi's Zaltrap Drug Gets FDA Fast-Track Review In Colon Cancer
Published April 05, 2012Dow Jones Newswires
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Sanofi SA (SNY) and U.S.-based partner Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. (REGN) Thursday said their experimental drug Zaltrap missed targeted goals in a late-stage clinical trial for treating prostate cancer, but that U.S. regulators are giving it a fast-track review for use in treating colon cancer.

Sanofi said the Phase III VENICE trial involving 1,226 prostate cancer patients "did not meet the pre-specified criterion of improvement in overall survival."

The French drug maker added that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had granted a priority review to the companies to examine Zaltrap in the treatment of colon cancer. That filing is based on a late-stage study, called VELOUR, in patients with colorectal cancer, whose disease has spread to other parts of the body and who have been previously treated with an oxaliplatin-containing regimen.

A fast-track priority review is given to drugs if preliminary estimates indicate that the product, if approved, has the potential to provide a treatment where no adequate therapy exists or a it shows significant improvement compared with marketed products.

The FDA is due to give a decision on its Zaltra priority review by Aug. 4.

Copyright © 2012 Dow Jones Newswires

Print
  Email
inShare
RELATED STOCKS

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    This is the company my niece works at and that's the drug I got to see in the lab. I made a post back in April with the press release.
    Here it is again in it's entirety.

It's nice to see advancements in cancer treatment, even if it may be something that's already been discovered but they found a new application for it, it could be the right drug at the right time...
    Thanks for posting again Pepe...
    -phil
  • pepebcn
    PhillieG said:

This is the company my niece works at and that's the drug I got to see in the lab. I made a post back in April with the press release.
    Here it is again in it's entirety.

It's nice to see advancements in cancer treatment, even if it may be something that's already been discovered but they found a new application for it, it could be the right drug at the right time...
    Thanks for posting again Pepe...
    -phil

Thanks to you Phil and thanks to those who are researching
    every day , your nice amog them.
    Hugs!
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    pepebcn said:

Thanks to you Phil and thanks to those who are researching
    every day , your nice amog them.
    Hugs!

For current availability of Regorafenib in US and elsewhere:
    http:clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01538680?term=regorafenib+AND+expanded+access&rank=1
  • pepebcn
    coloCan said:

For current availability of Regorafenib in US and elsewhere:
    http:clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01538680?term=regorafenib+AND+expanded+access&rank=1

Thanks Steve!
    Hugs!