jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    PhillieG said:

There's No Point
    In revisiting it.
    Don't worry, it will happen again.
    (and asking 6 times won't help!)
    :-)

For phil
    OK your are right, but if I do what I am not supposed to do, then nobody can get mad, cause I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do it!
    ; )
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    I also don't know what
    I also don't know what happened to precipitate this post, clueless as usual but I guess that's good in this instance.

Anyway, I agree completely with everything Tori said. I know I come here so that I don't feel alone in this, and I want others to know they're not alone.

Let's keep supporting each other, with advice, prayers, light, love, vibes whatever it is we believe in and can give each other. We are one in our fight.

Laura
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    jjaj133 said:

For phil
    OK your are right, but if I do what I am not supposed to do, then nobody can get mad, cause I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do it!
    ; )

You got me there!
    Just fight nicely
    (as my Mom overheard two women say to their kids at the playground back in the 1950's)
    Like what Tommycat said in her post. People will disagree but be respectful.

These are my thoughts now. Timing is real important.
    Think before you post, just because you are holding a pin doesn't mean you have to burst someone's balloon.

I was busting your chops, I think everyone has posted twice for the same reason.
    I know the server is often slow but you can usually see if the browser is "thinking". Having patience is key.
    -phil
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    PhillieG said:

You got me there!
    Just fight nicely
    (as my Mom overheard two women say to their kids at the playground back in the 1950's)
    Like what Tommycat said in her post. People will disagree but be respectful.

These are my thoughts now. Timing is real important.
    Think before you post, just because you are holding a pin doesn't mean you have to burst someone's balloon.

I was busting your chops, I think everyone has posted twice for the same reason.
    I know the server is often slow but you can usually see if the browser is "thinking". Having patience is key.
    -phil

i can on the computer, but
    i can on the computer, but not the kindle. so i wont use that anymore. its embarrassing enough, but the typo's made it worse.
    OK i still don't know who's balloon was popped, but who
    ever it was I hope they are ok.
    This board is amazing even when there is tension. Have a peaceful night everyone. And Lord Phil, this IS the slowest site I have ever been on.
    Judy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I agree!
    Very nicely said.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    A bit of history....from the 'old lady' of the group...*smile*..
    Over the years since I found this site, there have been many, many, many heated discussions. I truly agree that it comes down to 'basic difference of opinion' in some instances, and that the passion one person feels for a subject may be the same passion for someone else, on the opposite course...

As others have said, it boils down to respecting others, and celebrating our differences....and neither making or taking offense on any one given subject.

We ARE all angry/passionate/frightened by this thing called cancer. But I feel we should spend our anger/passion focused at the beast, itself, not others...

As was already said, and my mama taught me....'Play nice'....

Love to you all!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    tommycat
    You are in effect saying we are all afraid to die.. Or are we? The best thing we can say about someone is"they died and went to heaven"
    Is there any way we can beat that with a stick? Even thou i'm 80 I'm in no rush, but neither am I afraid to go.
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Calluna said:

I agree, wholeheartedly
    I think we all know the odds inside out, upside down, back to front and probably even sideways. We don't really need constant reminders of how bleak things are. We need those good news stories to remind us that those odds aren't always insurmountable, that people can and do survive this and that life goes on. If we don't have hope, what is everyone fighting so hard for?

I'm a realist. I understand as well as anyone that chances are I'm going to be farewelling someone I am in love with long before his time. I don't come here for reminders of that. I come here because of the amazing spirit of support and camaraderie, and because of the wealth of knowledge and information and understanding and love. It helps me to see that people don't give up. It helps me, when I'm trying so hard to be strong for someone else.

There is no such thing as false hope. Only hope.

Calluna
    I have enjoyed being married for 55 years. My wife currently has alzheimers so I am her caregiver. My hope is that we still have 10 years ahead of us-no matter what they bring. You are so right--there is only hope and love.!!!!
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Thank you
    I think it is useful for people to reflect from time to time on the purpose of this site and the impact of things that are posted. The only thing we all share is the one thing we don't want- the rest is human diversity. In a group all struggling to cope, the diversity can lead to conflict but we must not allow that to undermine the true purpose of this group which is support.
    Early on in this group I found some aspects very difficult though have come to in fact really enjoy the challenge that people approach managing this illness in ways that are very foreign to me. However, that reflects the fact that I am eight years on in all this and many who come to this site are still coming to terms with the early adjustment and trauma of learning they have cancer. At that stage being challenged is the last thing they need on top of the emotional turmoil they are facing.
    I agree that we must all be mindful in our posts and think what the impact may be on others who may not be at the same point in this journey as ourselves or may have different outlook on their particular situation.
    We can all do with a bit more mindfulness at times,
    Steve (who if Kathy is the old woman of this site I run the risk of being one of the oldmen- at only 39 I'm not ready for that!)