Question guys

tina dasilva
tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
For anyone who's had mets to the liver. Sometimes when your liver is sick and not working well or it has cancer in it your eyes would have yellow in them I'm just wondering when you get the cancer out of your liver should the yellow in your eyes go away or will it stay? Hugs to you all Tina

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Hi Tina not necessary is cancer, I been quite yellow
    after my liver surgery , it took a few month to get normal levels of bilirrubine .Bilirrubine levels are the important some time they stay quite hight during months after any pervious liver problem or surgery.
    Hugs Tina.
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    pepebcn said:

Hi Tina not necessary is cancer, I been quite yellow
    after my liver surgery , it took a few month to get normal levels of bilirrubine .Bilirrubine levels are the important some time they stay quite hight during months after any pervious liver problem or surgery.
    Hugs Tina.

Interesting question
    Interesting question Tina...I know nothing about liver tumors, but, is that a sign you have mets to the liver, jaundice?? Does everyone with a liver met get jaundice??
  • tina dasilva
    smokeyjoe said:

Interesting question
    Interesting question Tina...I know nothing about liver tumors, but, is that a sign you have mets to the liver, jaundice?? Does everyone with a liver met get jaundice??

smokeyjoe
    I don't know. I'm asking because jorge has had 2 tumors in his liver but they have been taking out .his CEA is at 1.3 but his eyes still have a bit of yellow in them
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

Interesting question

NO
    I had many, many mets to the liver and two very large ones and my eyes never got yellow, nor did I jaundice so that would not be the sign you had mets to the liver alone.
    Winter Marie
  • peterz54
    peterz54 Member Posts: 341
    check out biliary cirrhosis
    Like herdizziness, my wife has extensive liver mets. She also had starting CEA of 1800. but no yellow eyes or other signs of jaundice...bilirubin about normal....but she has had only chemo, 10 treatments so far..I saw one abstract which associated biliary cirrhosis with about 6% of those using hepatic arterial infusion pump chemotherapy.
  • peterz54
    peterz54 Member Posts: 341
    ditto
    ditto
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    liver
    in December, I had over 30 mets to the liver and after 17 treatments... still no jaudice or yellow in my eyes.

i am on Erbitux, so that has a red-skin side effect from the rash.

everyone is different, but i feel the only way to know of mets to the liver is a CT or PET scan...

I try not to overthink the other side effects or the "look" of skin or eyes.
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    no yellow here...
    I've got mets all over my liver and I wouldn't know it if I hadn't seen the scans. It seems like there ought to be some pain, or something, but I've got nothing, including jaundice.
  • tina dasilva

no yellow here...
    I've got mets all over my liver and I wouldn't know it if I hadn't seen the scans. It seems like there ought to be some pain, or something, but I've got nothing, including jaundice.

thank you
    Thank you guys for everything I think I'm just thinking way to much Jorge has a CT scan and CEA to be done on the 15th of this month and I'm scared to hell about it .