Hello, lump of coal in my throat!

Options
2»

Comments

• nowrest
    nowrest Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options

hi laralyn... my name is lumpy in this site.. eileen
    i wrote a few weeks back about that lump in my throat. I am 2 weeks post radiation for my throat. i am not a big pain medication person but with my lump it helped for me to take it. It just helped me to not think about it as much. I was told 2 weeks prior to radiation to eat lots and lots of fatty foods. I am over weight so that was music to my ears..i was told i would loose 40 lbs or more..I am as i said post radiation and havent lost a pound. but guess what? i am aliveeeee..i was able to eat pretty much all the way through radiaition as long as i chewed it for 2 or 3 hours..(just kidding) i did have to chew it real good. my drink of choice was high protien boost...It is sooo good I wish I could have it now. when i was at where you are I ate alotttt of italian ices..chocolate my favorite.
    this is your time to do whatever you want with the food.. i needed to keep checking my swallower thats another reason i stayed with solid food..by the way i still have a tiny lump in my throat..my ent said its irritated and its suppose to be..stick with the site ill be watching for your posts..

instant breakfast
    If you are going to a cancer center they can get you hooked up with Cancer Foundation of America. They supply Carnation Instant breakfast FREE fro two years. They can also send other stuff in their family pack.