Again, so soon? A new record?

Options

Comments

• Lynne Logan
    Lynne Logan Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Lynne, sorry you are going through this again.
    I wasn't able to start on the estrogen inhibitor until after I finished chemo the first time, and with the recurrence, I had started tamoxifen, but went off it during rads. I don't know why, but I am sure there is a reason.

I am so glad to hear that the recurrence was to your other breast and not to the bones or other organs, as much as it sucks, that would be an even harder road to navigate.

My prayers are with you.
    Carol

Carol
    Hi Carol,
    You're right about it not being in my bones or elsewhere. I have had a problem with bone pain since my 2nd infusion. I still have it but evidently it's just leftover side effects. But it has had me worried in the past. There's always that fear of recurrence and I suppose I don't have to dread it retuning now. I know.
    Thanks for reminding me it could be so much worse.
    Lynne
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-/
    Sorry to see this Lynne, I and my sister both had the same thing occur...within 6 months of treatment ending we were back in treatment...GRRRR! The upside of this is the second more aggressive treatment kicked it's butt and bought me another 9 cancer free years! Do not disregard all you have been through, you are a warrior, survivor, battler extraordinaire! You will be in my prayers, let us know how things go.

Hugs,

RE
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options

Carol
    Hi Carol,
    You're right about it not being in my bones or elsewhere. I have had a problem with bone pain since my 2nd infusion. I still have it but evidently it's just leftover side effects. But it has had me worried in the past. There's always that fear of recurrence and I suppose I don't have to dread it retuning now. I know.
    Thanks for reminding me it could be so much worse.
    Lynne

Lynne
    I am sure that starting all of this again is bad enouh. I just know that cthemo sucls whether it is your first time, or third time. Make sure you keep them on their toes with the bone pain. My heart just goes out to anyone who has to go thru this once much less multiplentimes as I know how hard it is on our bodies but mostly how hard it is on our families who feel so helpless. I know thay I am havving a hard time feeling like I am putting everyone out, even though mu boys are always happy when I do ask for help.
    Wishing you the best.
    Carol
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-/
    Sorry to see this Lynne, I and my sister both had the same thing occur...within 6 months of treatment ending we were back in treatment...GRRRR! The upside of this is the second more aggressive treatment kicked it's butt and bought me another 9 cancer free years! Do not disregard all you have been through, you are a warrior, survivor, battler extraordinaire! You will be in my prayers, let us know how things go.

Hugs,

RE

Lynne...
    My prayers are with you for your upcoming surgery. Yes, what a journery!!! But, you're a strong warrior in a battle with the Beast. My bets on YOU for the win. Go get'em Girl... You can do this!!!

God Bless YOU. Sending Positive Vibes Your way...

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

I'm very sorry you are going
    I'm very sorry you are going through another experience. I will keep you in my prayers. Although it is super difficult, and I can't imagine what's going through your mind right now, hang in there. We will be here with you, and sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

So very sorry Lynne about
    So very sorry Lynne about this recurrence. I can't imagine how you are feeling. I will be praying for you and I am sending you lots of hugs, strength and positive thoughts.

Love, Leeza
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

Lynne...
    My prayers are with you for your upcoming surgery. Yes, what a journery!!! But, you're a strong warrior in a battle with the Beast. My bets on YOU for the win. Go get'em Girl... You can do this!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi

Gee, I guess you're really "special"
    Good grief, special lady, you have definitely been to ---- and back! This good news is you're back. I hope your surgery goes really well next week and any further treatment is unevenful!

Suzanne
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options

Gee, I guess you're really "special"
    Good grief, special lady, you have definitely been to ---- and back! This good news is you're back. I hope your surgery goes really well next week and any further treatment is unevenful!

Suzanne

Wow
    Wow Lynn, you have been through the ringer. I just finished my third bout of bc but one was 27 years ago, a different kind 17 years ago, and am recovering from a second mastectomy now. My mammogram and ultrasound showed normal activity and I wasn't prescribed an MRI until I finally lost it with the diagnostic radiology woman and said this was growing. By the time she did MRI the tumor was 4 by 3 centimeters. I didn't have any lymph nodes because they had been removed 27 years ago - that's what they did then. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and trust that your surgery will go well and that all test results will be good.

Many hugs,

Pam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Bummer
    I will put this on the prayer list. Definately not fair.

I am adding you to our
    I am adding you to our prayer list also at church Lynn. I am very sorry about this recurrence..it just isn't fair.

Hugs, Lex
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Wow
    Wow Lynn, you have been through the ringer. I just finished my third bout of bc but one was 27 years ago, a different kind 17 years ago, and am recovering from a second mastectomy now. My mammogram and ultrasound showed normal activity and I wasn't prescribed an MRI until I finally lost it with the diagnostic radiology woman and said this was growing. By the time she did MRI the tumor was 4 by 3 centimeters. I didn't have any lymph nodes because they had been removed 27 years ago - that's what they did then. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and trust that your surgery will go well and that all test results will be good.

Many hugs,

Pam

Wishing....
    Wishing you The very best, tomorrow, Lynn......and a speedy recovery....
    Keep us posted when you feel up to it...we care and understand...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    MAJW said:

Wishing....
    Wishing you The very best, tomorrow, Lynn......and a speedy recovery....
    Keep us posted when you feel up to it...we care and understand...
    Hugs, Nancy

Good luck!
    Lynne, so sorry to hear of all you have been through! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. When you can, please let us know how everything goes. (((Hugs)))) and prayers sent your way....
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Tux said:

Good luck!
    Lynne, so sorry to hear of all you have been through! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. When you can, please let us know how everything goes. (((Hugs)))) and prayers sent your way....

Lynne --- My My .. what a wild and crazy ride
    breast cancer (aka 'The Beast;) is a sneaky, and cruel DEVIL. That is the reason so many of us,are on pin's and needles when we await the results of any test, procedure or blood work.

I will be keeping you close in my thoughts, and prayers tomorrow.

Best of luck.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Lynne Logan
    Lynne Logan Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Lynne --- My My .. what a wild and crazy ride
    breast cancer (aka 'The Beast;) is a sneaky, and cruel DEVIL. That is the reason so many of us,are on pin's and needles when we await the results of any test, procedure or blood work.

I will be keeping you close in my thoughts, and prayers tomorrow.

Best of luck.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Thanks everyone of you special ladies.
    I can't tell you what all your responses have meant to me. I know I'm not unique that's for sure. Nothing about cancer should surprise any of us. So here I am on the eve of surgery and surprisingly I'm beginning to feel somewhat less stressed and fearful. I will face whatever comes of it. I'm praying the sentinel nodes come back clean. If not, I'll accept the remaining nodes will be removed too. Not my ideal plan but possibly I can avoid chemo.
    I'll be reporting back when I return home. Thank you again for all your prayers and support.
    Lynne
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone of you special ladies.
    I can't tell you what all your responses have meant to me. I know I'm not unique that's for sure. Nothing about cancer should surprise any of us. So here I am on the eve of surgery and surprisingly I'm beginning to feel somewhat less stressed and fearful. I will face whatever comes of it. I'm praying the sentinel nodes come back clean. If not, I'll accept the remaining nodes will be removed too. Not my ideal plan but possibly I can avoid chemo.
    I'll be reporting back when I return home. Thank you again for all your prayers and support.
    Lynne

Praying that your nodes come
    Praying that your nodes come back clean Lynne! Good luck with your surgery. Post any update when you can.

Sue :)
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Praying that your nodes come
    Praying that your nodes come back clean Lynne! Good luck with your surgery. Post any update when you can.

More prayers
    More prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!

hugs, Debi
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    debi.18 said:

More prayers
    More prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!

hugs, Debi

Prayers coming...
    Prayers are coming your way Lynne! You have been through soooo much and I know sometimes it feels like enough is enough already! I know somewhat how you feel as I have had scares since being diagnosed last July. I have had a thyroid nodule biopsied, liver spots which turned out to be cysts, and most recently a lump under my armpit that I thought might be a lymph node or scar tissue-had an ultrasound for that today and it turned out to be nothing. Crazy but I still worry that everything they told me was benign actually isn't. Sometimes I feel a little bit crazy for worrying over everything.
  • HootieGirl
    HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Praying that your surgery
    Praying that your surgery went well yesterday!
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options

Hi Lynne
    Thinking of you and hoping all went well with your surgery.
    Lots of Hugs coming your way:-}

Karie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Lynne, praying that your
    Lynne, praying that your surgery was a success and that you are resting comfortably.

Hugs, Lex
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Yes, perplexed
    Hi Doris,
    I'll be having those nasty shots prior to surgery on Tuesday so the sentinel lymph nodes will be removed during the mastectomy. Then we'll know if it's spread. The lump is now the size of a large lime even as I take my daily Arimidex. Go figure and what were the odds of developing another cancer of the same type during this short period of time. I had been taking HRT for many years so figured that was the main cause. Plus I had 2 pieces of benign tumor left (for cosmetic reasons) from a 1980 surgery. I was unusual at that time too since I had 2 different types of benign tumors, one per breast.
    I'll be bringing this up with my rads oncologist and perhaps he might have a different plan for his future patients. I'm hoping with both breasts gone that estrogen receptor cancer will not be an issue in the future. I don't like Arimidex although the side effects aren't that severe.
    Now I have to work on accepting my current situation.

Lynne

Prayers and gentle hugs to
    Prayers and gentle hugs to you Lynne.

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

Lynne...

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi

Praying everything went well
    Praying everything went well with your surgery Lynne and hope that soon you will feel like posting an update for us.