Options
2»

Comments

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

simple
    i know this may sound like a simple question , have they checked his vitamin D levels.

praying they figure something out fast

john

Endcarditis
    They found an infection in his blood and it's set up vegattion on his heart. I may have already updated. I am sooo tired I cant see straight. 4 weeks of iv antibiotics.
  • LeoS2323
    LeoS2323 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Endcarditis
    They found an infection in his blood and it's set up vegattion on his heart. I may have already updated. I am sooo tired I cant see straight. 4 weeks of iv antibiotics.

Tough infection
    But at least you have a diagnosis and something is being done to make him better. Delays are not good with this type of thing, can't believe how long they took to come to this conclusion. This is a serious infection affecting the heart valves. It could have cost you, just a relief it didn't.

Hope he makes a full recovery - does this mean 4 weeks in hospital for him?

All the best

Leo
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    LeoS2323 said:

Tough infection
    But at least you have a diagnosis and something is being done to make him better. Delays are not good with this type of thing, can't believe how long they took to come to this conclusion. This is a serious infection affecting the heart valves. It could have cost you, just a relief it didn't.

Hope he makes a full recovery - does this mean 4 weeks in hospital for him?

All the best

Leo

Tough Caregiver
    Ms Arndog

You have always shown your true colors as a great caregiver. Sending my best for the antibiotics to work and work fast!

Positive thoughts headed your way!

Greg
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Endcarditis

treatment
    so good to hear that treatment has started and they know the problem. prayers for the antibiotics to do their job and the doctors to do theirs along with prayers for full recovery and rest for you!

john
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    HooRay...
    A winner finally....

Hopes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Seriously, you might want to take some time once he's back on his feet and go MD shopping. The ones that have been in your corner...umm, I mean standing outside the door, with their thumbs up their a...oh excuse me...

Anyways, might be worth investigating what options are available to you...keep the ones that make you a priority, and cut the others loose.

Best,
    John
  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Endcarditis

Yes finally
    Finally something to work with, wow long struggle getting there, but now we know he will get thru it, Bless your Heart maybe now you can get some rest, mentally if not physically. Prayers coming for both of you....
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I agree with John
    Go MD shopping when he has recovered. My mother had the same infection and they diagnosed it immediately. Took her 15 days of IV and another week of pills to kill it. It has taken her 3 months to get back to normal, but she is 80. If they had taken as long as your docs she would have died.

I am praying for a complete recovery and no more problems.

Blessings and peace,
    Debbie
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Endcarditis

Grateful and Ticked at the Same Time
    Wish the treatment could have started two and a half stinking weeks ago. Hope the IV starts kicking in and making a noticeable difference quickly.
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers are with you
    Hang in there and know we are all cheering (if that's the right word) you on.

Denny
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Greend said:

Thoughts and prayers are with you
    Hang in there and know we are all cheering (if that's the right word) you on.

Denny

Thanks everyone he is still
    Thanks everyone he is still pretty darn sick and very fatigue/weak. Still running low grade fever every know and then. They kno he has a blood infection and it went to the heart. The only problem is, they have no source for the infection. Not sure how it got into his blood.
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Thanks everyone he is still
    Thanks everyone he is still pretty darn sick and very fatigue/weak. Still running low grade fever every know and then. They kno he has a blood infection and it went to the heart. The only problem is, they have no source for the infection. Not sure how it got into his blood.

tim6003
    Hi ...just checking in on you and your husband ..praying all is well. Keep us posted.

Tim & Jennifer / Idaho