Camp Kesem.... If you have kids 6-16, this is for YOU!

Options
kiki3
kiki3 Member Posts: 15
If you have young kids, you need to check out Campkesem.org. If there is one near you, check for openings. It is the most fabulous thing that cancer will do for your kids. It is funded, organized and run by college kids, who most likely have had parents with cancer. I was kind of worried about sending my 7 and 11 year old two years ago, but they had the most AMAZING time, and can not wait to go again for the third time this year. I truly can not explain what an awesome thing this is. And it is 100% FREE. They just received a livestrong grant, and will be opening 12 new camps this year. CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I agree - my daughter went
    I agree - my daughter went to Camp Kesem for the first time last summer, and can't wait to go again this year! The camp counselors are all students from the college that sponsors the Camp (in my case it's at Notre Dame) - and the camp is held at an actual Camp Fire campground about an hour away from my city. I highly highly recommend Camp Kesem, my daughter was able to just have FUN and also be around other kids who knew what she had gone through with my diagnosis.
    (hugs)
    Heather
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Camp Kesem
    My children were too old for Camp Kesem at the time of my diagnosis, but I have a friend whose 3 boys went to this camp. She couldn't speak more highly of this organization and those who worked there. They attended in California.

IRENE
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding us of
    Thanks for reminding us of this camp!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

This is a great post for
    This is a great post for everyone to read. Thank you so much!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

This is a great post for
    This is a great post for everyone to read. Thank you so much!