lesions in peritoneum from colon cancer

Options
Had our ct scan results on Thursday, and news was not good, while my husband has had a chemo break since Jan 2nd, the cancer has progressed, so starting chemo again 8th may, this will be his 3rd line treatment, his first chemo was Sept 10. He has been feeling well, so we were hoping for the cancer to have remained stable, how daft are we. Again wishing you all the very best with your treatments.

Comments

• LAF53
    LAF53 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Sorry
    Sorry to hear this. Damn Cancer. Hoping for nothing but the best for your husband and family. God Bless
    Lydia
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    HIPEC
    is a surgical procedure for peritoneal mets. I don't know if you are eligible for this procedure but sure is worth looking into. Do some research. Lots of people on the Colon Club have had HIPEC very successfully.

Best wishes - Tina
  • janklo
    janklo Member Posts: 23
    Options
    geotina said:

HIPEC
    is a surgical procedure for peritoneal mets. I don't know if you are eligible for this procedure but sure is worth looking into. Do some research. Lots of people on the Colon Club have had HIPEC very successfully.

Best wishes - Tina

hipec info
    Here's a website to check out the HIPEC procedure and find a doctor

http://www.hipectreatment.com/documents/hipec.php
  • traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    HIPEC
    I've had HIPEC surgery, it's tough but doable. It's critical to find an experienced HIPEC surgeon to do the surgery, those that do have better outcomes. Good luck to you and your husband.