Sticky fingers

Options
Blondiemomma
Blondiemomma Member Posts: 41
I am having a problem that I am wondering if anyone else has had or if I just am getting "lucky" again. Shortly after finishing 6 rounds of chemo, my fingers started to hurt. Never had arthritis before. Now I'm having trouble with trigger fingers. They lock up and I can't straighten them unless I use the other fingers to move the joint. Today, for the second time, I tried to hand over some change for a purchase and couldn't get my fingers to uncurl and let the coins out. I had to set my pocketbook down and using my other hand, I peeled my fingers open. Is it possible that this is temporary? I still have 7 more Herceptin Tx to go.

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-/
    I have the exact issue you are describing, mine is damage due to a combination of chemo and radiation therapy (I had 16 weeks of rads and 28 chemo infusions). Please be sure to mention this to your oncologist as there are medications out there that may help. In addition to the meds there are medical gloves you can wear that will help to ease the pain when it is acting up. Some day's are better then others for sure and I figure it is a worth while trade off. I wish you all the best.

RE
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-/
    I have the exact issue you are describing, mine is damage due to a combination of chemo and radiation therapy (I had 16 weeks of rads and 28 chemo infusions). Please be sure to mention this to your oncologist as there are medications out there that may help. In addition to the meds there are medical gloves you can wear that will help to ease the pain when it is acting up. Some day's are better then others for sure and I figure it is a worth while trade off. I wish you all the best.

RE

Tell...
    Tell your oncologist about this....the pain could be caused by neuropathy...nerve damage...if that's the reason there is medication for it...I have it in my breast...was prescribed Gabapentin..changed my life...but being unable to uncurl your fingers may signal something else..it's ALWAYS best to have any new symptoms checked out as soon as possible..

Keep us posted
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Tell...
    Tell your oncologist about this....the pain could be caused by neuropathy...nerve damage...if that's the reason there is medication for it...I have it in my breast...was prescribed Gabapentin..changed my life...but being unable to uncurl your fingers may signal something else..it's ALWAYS best to have any new symptoms checked out as soon as possible..

Keep us posted
    Hugs, Nancy

I agree with the other
    I agree with the other pinkies. Tell your oncologist. You shouldn't have to be in pain and there are so many meds out there that might help you with this. Let us know.

Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Tell...

Keep us posted
    Hugs, Nancy

I hope you can get some help
    I hope you can get some help with your pain. So many talk on here about neuropathy, what is it? Is it only caused by chemo?

Good luck,

Debby
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    betcha got neuropathy.
    My hands will do the same thing. Talk with your Dr. and get on gabapentin.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

betcha got neuropathy.
    My hands will do the same thing. Talk with your Dr. and get on gabapentin.

Have you talked with your
    Have you talked with your oncologist yet about this? What did he say and recommend for you?

Hugs, Jan
  • Blondiemomma
    Blondiemomma Member Posts: 41
    Options

Have you talked with your
    Have you talked with your oncologist yet about this? What did he say and recommend for you?

Hugs, Jan

Menopause?
    I talked to my doctor and he really didn't think it had much to do with the chemo. He gave me ibuprofen 600mg which is tearing up my stomach. His nurse suggested it was a menopausal blessing. This is starting to affect my ability to work and we all know why I need my insurance!