my soulmate passed away 5 weeks ago....

Options
Sally_Paul
Sally_Paul Member Posts: 6
not sure how this works my first time on this site...thought i would try to find a support group to chat with. My husband Paul my soulmate passed away 1 week after his 68th birthday after a long 2 yr battle with breast cancer / was diagnosed with Brain tumors christmas eve 2011 and passed away March 18 2012....my life is now empty, all my time and engegy were focused on Paul for the past 2yrs...working and taking care of him....just me and our cat now.

Comments

• beachmom
    beachmom Member Posts: 50
    Options
    So sorry...
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know that being a caregiver is a life consuming job and I understand the emptiness you feel. There are so many wonderful people on these boards who I'm sure will be along to offer words of encouragement and support. Have you looked into any support groups in your area? That may be a good place for you to connect with others who are feeling the same way that you do.

Prayers will be going out to you,
    Keely
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    beachmom said:

So sorry...
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know that being a caregiver is a life consuming job and I understand the emptiness you feel. There are so many wonderful people on these boards who I'm sure will be along to offer words of encouragement and support. Have you looked into any support groups in your area? That may be a good place for you to connect with others who are feeling the same way that you do.

Keely

im sorry
    Im sorry i can relate in a way i lost. Mine last feb 2011 he drowned he was my caregiver through my breast cancers two times so now its just. Me and our dog i think of him daily and at times feel so lost and alone

He was my caregiver partner and best friend if i can help in any way. Please let me know. Teresa
  • Sally_Paul
    Options
    beachmom said:

So sorry...

Keely

men do get breast cancer
    Thanks Keely for your kind words, I do have outside support I just started seeing someone im also reading lots of Chicken Soup for the soul books and they are helpful. Paul had Invasive ductal carcinoma cancer March 2010....just also wanted to let everyone know that YES MEN DO GET BREAST CANCER ....unfortuantly his chemo was hell on him and he ended up bed ridden since his last session Oct 2010....I just need to vent and chat with ppl on line....so anyone wanting to chat or vent with me feel free .....
  • Sally_Paul
    Options
    teresa41 said:

im sorry
    Im sorry i can relate in a way i lost. Mine last feb 2011 he drowned he was my caregiver through my breast cancers two times so now its just. Me and our dog i think of him daily and at times feel so lost and alone

He was my caregiver partner and best friend if i can help in any way. Please let me know. Teresa

thanks
    thanks Teresa just your kind words help, nice to find a support group on line. And im so sorry to hear of your lost also, it is so hard that feeling of emptyness. Please do keep in touch. Paul was my soulmate and one day I will tell the story. Just keep an eye out for me will post soon......xoxo
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    teresa41 said:

im sorry

I am so sorry. You have my
    I am so sorry. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Sue :(
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

men do get breast cancer
    Thanks Keely for your kind words, I do have outside support I just started seeing someone im also reading lots of Chicken Soup for the soul books and they are helpful. Paul had Invasive ductal carcinoma cancer March 2010....just also wanted to let everyone know that YES MEN DO GET BREAST CANCER ....unfortuantly his chemo was hell on him and he ended up bed ridden since his last session Oct 2010....I just need to vent and chat with ppl on line....so anyone wanting to chat or vent with me feel free .....

Very sorry about the loss of
    Very sorry about the loss of your husband Sally. I hope that we can be of some comfort to you during this very sad time.

Hugs, Angie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    beachmom said:

So sorry...

Keely

I am so sorry. My heart
    I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you during this difficult time.

Hugs, Noel
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    so sorry
    I am putting you on my prayer list while you go through this difficult time.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

so sorry
    I am putting you on my prayer list while you go through this difficult time.

My prayers and sympathy to

My prayers and sympathy to you and your family.

Hugs, Debby
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear about her
    sorry to hear about her Husband...

Denise
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

sorry to hear about her
    sorry to hear about her Husband...

Denise

My sympathy for the loss of
    My sympathy for the loss of your husband, your soul mate.

Big hugs, Kylez
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

My sympathy for the loss of
    My sympathy for the loss of your husband, your soul mate.

Big hugs, Kylez

Sending hugs, sympathy and
    Sending hugs, sympathy and consoling thoughts.

♥ Kristin ♥