Just checking on everyone

Options
SoftBallMom2
SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
Don't know if anyone remembers me or not but I have kept up with you guys. I don't get on here much, every couple of weeks to just see how everyone is doing. I guess you would call me a stalker. So far I am doing really good. It will be three years on May 14 that I found out that I had breast cancer. In October it will be three years that I have been dancing with NED. I have had a few scares but everything has turned out o.k. so far. I am on Tamoxifen and it makes me feel horrible but I feel like it is keeping the cancer away. Just wanted to say Hi!

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    good to hear from
    good to hear from you...

Denise
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

good to hear from
    good to hear from you...

Denise

Nice to find your post...
    And glad you're doing well! Hope it will always be so for you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Kind regards, Susan

Three years is a good number
    Nice to hear from you. It is good that you are checking in.
    Wishing you the best
    New Flower
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Kind regards, Susan

Hi and great that you
    Hi and great that you checked in. Sounds like NED is with you for now and I have a feeling forever! :)

You take care,

Sue :)
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear from you
    Nice to hear from you.We were dx about the same time.I found out on Aug 19,2009 I had BC(DCIS). I had some scares since also.3 benign breast tumors.One during my lumpectomy on Sept 2'09, another was found by me just 2 days before my margin surgery on Sept 29,09 and then last July another benign tumor was found on my 2 year anniversary during my 6 month mammo.So we've been through the mill.I also take tamoxifin.So far OK.Was afraid to take it but my doctor convinced me.Luckily I've had a total hysteroctomy so no female problems or worries caused by the tamoxofin.

Even though I found out on Aug 19 I had cancer I always get my mammos the month it was found July. I am off like my Breast Center says but it took awhile to get my biopsy.So I wanted my mammos January and July for 6 month check ups. Won't have another till January '13 and after that it will be every January I have my mammos. Threw me off but will be back on another schedule soon.Just hate January check ups because of the bitter cold.

Drop in more often.We love hearing from you and of course wonder how you're doing.

Lynn Smith
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Nice to hear from you
    Nice to hear from you.We were dx about the same time.I found out on Aug 19,2009 I had BC(DCIS). I had some scares since also.3 benign breast tumors.One during my lumpectomy on Sept 2'09, another was found by me just 2 days before my margin surgery on Sept 29,09 and then last July another benign tumor was found on my 2 year anniversary during my 6 month mammo.So we've been through the mill.I also take tamoxifin.So far OK.Was afraid to take it but my doctor convinced me.Luckily I've had a total hysteroctomy so no female problems or worries caused by the tamoxofin.

Even though I found out on Aug 19 I had cancer I always get my mammos the month it was found July. I am off like my Breast Center says but it took awhile to get my biopsy.So I wanted my mammos January and July for 6 month check ups. Won't have another till January '13 and after that it will be every January I have my mammos. Threw me off but will be back on another schedule soon.Just hate January check ups because of the bitter cold.

Drop in more often.We love hearing from you and of course wonder how you're doing.

Lynn Smith

Hey! Congrats to you on
    Hey! Congrats to you on NED! Thanks for sharing that with us.