What the heck is this?

Ballerina
Ballerina Member Posts: 152
Hi pink sisters has anyone experienced this. Lately, my left nipple has been kind of itchy so I figure I need extra lotion vaseline etc. A few days ago my left nipple was itching something fierce and then my breast so I took my t-shirt and rubbed away. My nipple and breast felt tingly so I went to look in the mirror. I noticed a rashy bump on the areola so I put alcohol on it. About 3hrs later it was gone but my areola had gotten larger in the spot where the bump was. It was like I grew extra areola. What the heck! I don't have eczema. This is weird. Your imput, comments and experiences are always appreciated.

Ballerina

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Get...
    Get it looked at by your oncologist...anything new or different needs to be checked....I wouldn't use alcohol...way to harsh...try a cortisone cream that you can get over the counter...it's healing plus stops the itching....has this come about after radiation? Get it looked at...

Keep us posted...we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MAJW said:

Get...
    Get it looked at by your oncologist...anything new or different needs to be checked....I wouldn't use alcohol...way to harsh...try a cortisone cream that you can get over the counter...it's healing plus stops the itching....has this come about after radiation? Get it looked at...

Keep us posted...we care
    Hugs, Nancy

Nancy .. provided the best advise ... Get
    with your Doctor .. and let us know what it is ..

Ouch!

Vicki Sam
  • Ballerina
    VickiSam said:

Nancy .. provided the best advise ... Get
    with your Doctor .. and let us know what it is ..

Ouch!

Vicki Sam

Thank you for the reply. I
    Thank you for the reply. I completed radiation on my right breast in 2009. I will definitely have it checked.

Ballerina
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Ballerina said:

Thank you for the reply. I
    Thank you for the reply. I completed radiation on my right breast in 2009. I will definitely have it checked.

Ballerina

Well?
    Do you have an appointment? I hope so. We have to keep an eye on things like this.

Suzanne
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Well?
    Do you have an appointment? I hope so. We have to keep an eye on things like this.

Suzanne

Did you get in to see your
    Did you get in to see your doctor?
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Angie2U said:

Did you get in to see your
    Did you get in to see your doctor?

See a doctor
    Just a few years ago I read where a young lady had this problem.It was cancer.I believe her breast turned red.She just had breast implants.I assume the cancer was there before but missed. Then not long later she had the red breast and a masectomy.

She was in her late 20's.Kinda makes you wonder if the implants brought it on but they say they are safe??? But you would think the doctor who did the implants would've caught the cancer. All so strange and very scary.

I have a inverted nipple in my right breast.have for years but nothing.Then my left breast is a pain.1 cancerous tumor and 8 benign tumors so far throughout my life.Since I was 20.Now 65.

Check it out and please let us know.Wishing you the best!!!!!!!!!

Lynn Smith
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

See a doctor
    Just a few years ago I read where a young lady had this problem.It was cancer.I believe her breast turned red.She just had breast implants.I assume the cancer was there before but missed. Then not long later she had the red breast and a masectomy.

She was in her late 20's.Kinda makes you wonder if the implants brought it on but they say they are safe??? But you would think the doctor who did the implants would've caught the cancer. All so strange and very scary.

I have a inverted nipple in my right breast.have for years but nothing.Then my left breast is a pain.1 cancerous tumor and 8 benign tumors so far throughout my life.Since I was 20.Now 65.

Check it out and please let us know.Wishing you the best!!!!!!!!!

Lynn Smith

See your Dr NOW
    Have you already seen the dr? If not please go NOW. Anything new or different you want to have it looked at ASAP. I'm gonna be praying for you and watching for an update from you.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

See your Dr NOW
    Have you already seen the dr? If not please go NOW. Anything new or different you want to have it looked at ASAP. I'm gonna be praying for you and watching for an update from you.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

I have trigger thumb and
    I have trigger thumb and middle finger. They do ache. The thumb just started up this past week. Wearing my lymphedema sleeve seems to help a bit, but I am also going to discuss this with my onc.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    natly15 said:

I have trigger thumb and
    I have trigger thumb and middle finger. They do ache. The thumb just started up this past week. Wearing my lymphedema sleeve seems to help a bit, but I am also going to discuss this with my onc.

Checking back in Ballerina
    Checking back in Ballerina to see what your doctor said. Please post so we know that you are ok.
  • Ballerina
    Angie2U said:

Checking back in Ballerina
    Checking back in Ballerina to see what your doctor said. Please post so we know that you are ok.

Thank you everyone
    Thank you everyone for the reply. I have my yearly mammo next month and onco appt not until July. I will mention it when I go for my mammo. If things get worse before the mammo I will call my onco. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again with hugs

Ballerina
  • Tkitty
    Tkitty Member Posts: 56
    Ballerina said:

Thank you everyone
    Thank you everyone for the reply. I have my yearly mammo next month and onco appt not until July. I will mention it when I go for my mammo. If things get worse before the mammo I will call my onco. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again with hugs

Ballerina

Don't wait
    My yearly mammogram didn't "see" my cancer. My breasts were too dense. I thought that there wasn't anything to worry about since the mammogram didn't "see" it, I was very busy you know...eventually my fibroid turned out to be a cancerous tumor. Chemo, mastectomy, radiation later....Please don't wait.
    Kitty
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Ballerina said:

Thank you everyone

Thanks again with hugs

Ballerina

I agree to not wait
    I agree to not wait Ballerina. Please get in to see your doctor now.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Kylez said:

I agree to not wait
    I agree to not wait Ballerina. Please get in to see your doctor now.

Hugs, Kylez

I am hoping that you don't
    I am hoping that you don't wait too & that you've got an appointment much sooner to have this checked out.

♥ Kristin ♥