Options
2»

Comments

• ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Thoughts & Prayers...
    Coming your way for Ditto1 & the OtherDitto1...

Best,
    John

NO METS
    Finally got into see the Dr. who would run the show, had the discussions from neck surgery to chemo/rads. If it was not for this site I would have had my head swimming, but just the opposite, once she said the cancer HAD NOT traveled outside the neck/tongue then everything else made sense.... obviously we are still just at the beginning but for now God did not throw more on me than I could handle. Hey P51 out of no where, my Doctor just said get on the Bus and get it going....... I thought wow something about this Bus.... Thanks to all of you for your prayers and wishes..
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    ditto1 said:

NO METS
    Finally got into see the Dr. who would run the show, had the discussions from neck surgery to chemo/rads. If it was not for this site I would have had my head swimming, but just the opposite, once she said the cancer HAD NOT traveled outside the neck/tongue then everything else made sense.... obviously we are still just at the beginning but for now God did not throw more on me than I could handle. Hey P51 out of no where, my Doctor just said get on the Bus and get it going....... I thought wow something about this Bus.... Thanks to all of you for your prayers and wishes..

Great News Mr. n Mrs D
    Get on the bus, got your ticket, and away you go, before you know it the ride will be over. Best wishes!!!! I had an onco nurse tell me that we can all do something one more time, so it's a day at a time..know we are here to support and cheer for you.

Linda
  • ditto1
    Options
    osmotar said:

Great News Mr. n Mrs D
    Get on the bus, got your ticket, and away you go, before you know it the ride will be over. Best wishes!!!! I had an onco nurse tell me that we can all do something one more time, so it's a day at a time..know we are here to support and cheer for you.

Linda

Thanks Linda,
    I told DittoII, if it had not been for this site I know we would have been wait, wow, what. The information we learned here over the last 45 days was a God send. No surprises just a need to know where we stood. Relieved yes, battle ahead Oh yes. But again I think the things that freaked me out are now at least something I will be some what prepared for. Although Im not naive, I know hearing or reading or even seeing will not override my initial fear of experiencing it for the 1st time. But it sure has helped having the information you folks have offered us.
  • LeoS2323
    LeoS2323 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    ditto1 said:

NO METS

High Five
    Good news - cyber high five for ditto!

One obstacle out of the way my friend, one big step to narrowing down exactly what it is you are dealing with and knowing you have a great chance of getting through it. I'm sure you must feel really relieved, and I am relieved for you.

As I thought the PET with CT overlayed was just them being thorough. I had the same and read up on it - as PET picks up on activity it can be fallible in certain ways, as can the CT. So by overlaying the PET and CT scan (which is a very precise viewer of tissue and organs) they are combining the two strengths into one very accurate and thorough scan.

Spread is such a scary thing, even though our forms are less likely to do so - it does still happen and until we have it confirmed it hasn't then we will always fear it terribly.

Good luck with your next step mate, I'm rooting for you and I know everyone else here is too.

All the best

Leo
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear no mets. Jim
    Happy to hear no mets. Jim had the same dignosis in May of 2011. Treatment was rough but last PET showed all gone. Didn't get an all clear because of a small spot on lung but the original cancer is GONE. Jim did not have the surgery because the tumor was 4cm and the risk of aspiration when eating to great. Praying all goes well for you.

Debbie
  • ditto1
    Options
    LeoS2323 said:

High Five
    Good news - cyber high five for ditto!

One obstacle out of the way my friend, one big step to narrowing down exactly what it is you are dealing with and knowing you have a great chance of getting through it. I'm sure you must feel really relieved, and I am relieved for you.

As I thought the PET with CT overlayed was just them being thorough. I had the same and read up on it - as PET picks up on activity it can be fallible in certain ways, as can the CT. So by overlaying the PET and CT scan (which is a very precise viewer of tissue and organs) they are combining the two strengths into one very accurate and thorough scan.

Spread is such a scary thing, even though our forms are less likely to do so - it does still happen and until we have it confirmed it hasn't then we will always fear it terribly.

Good luck with your next step mate, I'm rooting for you and I know everyone else here is too.

All the best

Leo

Your right.
    Thanks Leo, I think for the 1st time since I was diagnosed I did not think if I had Bed Head it was cancer, if I buttoned my shirt wrong it was another cancer, if my foot fell asleep , on and on and on, being a bit Tongue and Cheek,(no pun intended) but you are right it did offer some piece of mind.....now the battle begins, RADs, Chemo, and then Recovery... Thanks for checking on me Leo, good luck to you as well my friend.
  • Mrs. Sarge
    Mrs. Sarge Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    jim and i said:

Happy to hear no mets. Jim
    Happy to hear no mets. Jim had the same dignosis in May of 2011. Treatment was rough but last PET showed all gone. Didn't get an all clear because of a small spot on lung but the original cancer is GONE. Jim did not have the surgery because the tumor was 4cm and the risk of aspiration when eating to great. Praying all goes well for you.

Debbie

Great news, Ditto1
    Glad for you and surely gives you more peace on this journey! Thinking of you as we begin this trip together! Regards to Ditto11!!!
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    ditto1 said:

Thanks Linda,
    I told DittoII, if it had not been for this site I know we would have been wait, wow, what. The information we learned here over the last 45 days was a God send. No surprises just a need to know where we stood. Relieved yes, battle ahead Oh yes. But again I think the things that freaked me out are now at least something I will be some what prepared for. Although Im not naive, I know hearing or reading or even seeing will not override my initial fear of experiencing it for the 1st time. But it sure has helped having the information you folks have offered us.

Everytime you speak, I want to say.....
    "just what he said"...:) You say things so much better than I do, but I feel every one of your words on a deep, deep level...

So...YEAH....now we all ARE on the bus...you know exactly what's going on, Leo is home from the hospital, Mrs. Sarge knows what's in her basket...Looks like we all just about ready to depart.

We are so lucky....we found this board....we found each other....and we all have a deep sense of what Kent so eloquently says to all of us.............BELIEF!!

p