pain after reconstruction

jannyfran
jannyfran Member Posts: 33
hiya, i was just wondering if anyone out there might know anything about this. i had the recontruction done about 2 1/2 years ago and since then everytime i take a deep breath i have so much pain on the right side. no one knows why it's hurting and the dr.s do not think it's a big deal. anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

thank you and hope to hear from someone soon.

jannyfran

Comments

• Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    What type of reconstruction?
    Hi JannyFran. I had tramflap reconstruction in 2001. I also had a lumpectomy in the reconstructed side in 2008. I get pain in the reconstructed breast on occasion, depending on what I'm doing (lifting, exercises, etc).

You may want to mention this to your onc just to eleviate concern for yourself. Make sure you are doing your self-exams, even on the reconstructed breast.

Barb A
  • jonahrex98
    jonahrex98 Member Posts: 23 Member
    SIDE PAIN AFTER RECONSTRUCTION
    Did you ever find out why you have pain? If you had the Tram Flap Procedure, was it the side with or without the muscle? I had a Tram Flap in 2003, but I herniated on the side with no muscle, so I look pregnant, especially on that side. The area is flat when I lay down on my back, but pops up when I cough laying down. I might would have pain there if I had not herniated.
  • jonahrex98
    jonahrex98 Member Posts: 23 Member
    Barb A said:

What type of reconstruction?
    Hi JannyFran. I had tramflap reconstruction in 2001. I also had a lumpectomy in the reconstructed side in 2008. I get pain in the reconstructed breast on occasion, depending on what I'm doing (lifting, exercises, etc).

You may want to mention this to your onc just to eleviate concern for yourself. Make sure you are doing your self-exams, even on the reconstructed breast.

Barb A

SELF-EXAM ON RECONSTRUCTED BREAST
    Barb A,

My reconstructed breast is all flap. Do you mean check the chest wall for tumors?