My hat is off to you all.

laughs_a_lot
laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
One of the things I really like about this discussion board is that we are all in different places at different times in our struggle with this nasty beast. Some days we have chemo brain and others we are functioning fairly well. The beauty of it is that on any given day there is bound to be enough people here with enough good information that we all get help.

For instance I came on with a question regarding possible lymphedema. Of course it was the weekend and I could not get it checked out at the doctor. A couple of gals in the know answered my questions and I even got a website to go to from RE. You see I am the kind that when the crap hits the fan, I'd rather research than worry. Worrying will not reverse a thing but research can at least educate me and get me headed in the direction of understanding what I might be dealing with. Well sure enough it was lymphedema. It was caught early and I found a good many of the things I had been doing in the first place to care for my health was also good for lymphedema. All this free help on the weekend. Now that is priceless.

I hypothesize that those of us who belong to this board take better care of ourselves than those who try try to go it alone with bc. We have people constantly reminding us of things like, doing breast exams, taking good care of the arm and hand on the side where the lymph nodes removed, and the countless times our nerves have have been calmed by those who have been there. We are constantly reminded by others of something important that we have forgotten to do and we can easily get back on track. So thank you all and keep comming back here reminding me of the important principles of remaining healthy after breast cancer.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Very well said!!!
    Very well said

Denise
  • ameliahaynes3
    ameliahaynes3 Member Posts: 2

Very well said!!!
    Very well said

Denise

this is a great
    this is a great community.Hats off
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    So glad you got the info you
    So glad you got the info you needed.
    Hugs Frankie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Very true, we are a wealth of information, support and love all rolled into cyber space....some of us are even lucky enough to actually meet in person!

Hugs,

RE
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    RE said:

:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Very true, we are a wealth of information, support and love all rolled into cyber space....some of us are even lucky enough to actually meet in person!

Hugs,

RE

I agree
    I agree....Well said! The support here from the Pinks is just incredible! I don't post very often, but try to read most of the posts. Each and everyone of you have helped me on this journey. A Big THANKS to all of you!

Hugs, Debi
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Online Is A Real Blessing
    My aunt died from breast cancer in 1964. In those years, bc would only be whispered about with only female relatives.

I think of my aunt and her long, lonely journey with this disease. I must have been awful, horrible, to be alone and with scant information. There were more than likely no books on the topic for the ordinary person without a medical education.

This is so much better. I was diagnose before the internet. I did have books, magazine articles and other sources. However, it was when I went online and found a breast cancer forum that made the difference for me. We learn so much from each other.

I do hope you are doing ok with your lymphedema.

Best,

Doris
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    SIROD said:

My aunt died from breast cancer in 1964. In those years, bc would only be whispered about with only female relatives.

I think of my aunt and her long, lonely journey with this disease. I must have been awful, horrible, to be alone and with scant information. There were more than likely no books on the topic for the ordinary person without a medical education.

This is so much better. I was diagnose before the internet. I did have books, magazine articles and other sources. However, it was when I went online and found a breast cancer forum that made the difference for me. We learn so much from each other.

Best,

Doris

Yes, A Real Blessing!
    This roller coaster ride is SO much better with help from our (cyber) friends!!! Thanks so much to you all!!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    SIROD said:

Best,

Doris

Yes
    learning a lot about how to deal with it. Lots to learn and process but even this setback will not rob me of my my intent to live to the fullest.