Blah, Blah and Blah

I have been feeling pretty much blah, blah and blah lately. Alot of discomfort with my colon still. Got 2 c my surgeron on Monday and hopefully will go back into surgery to have the "bag" back. I am tired of sitting in my "office". The last three days has been rough going to the bathroom. It is hard to explain. My oldest daugther is upset with me because I havent went or call my dr yet. My youngest son turned 10 yrs old on Monday, so am having a birthday party for him on Saturday. Didnt want to go to see the dr or call because I want to make sure I am not in the hospital so we can celebrate his birthday. But I guess I will call my GI dr tomorrow morning and let him know how I am feeling. I can tell something is going on because I am bloated tonight. Dont really want to eat to much the last few days/nights but have been forcing myself. Plus also took some gas tablets to see if that would help, so far nothing.

I have some friends wondering why I am going back to my surgeron that has done all the surgeries because he is active duty, Army. I feel he has know about my case since the beginning of 2009. I have been to my civilain dr and she advise me to see the same surgeron.

I am praying that getting my bag back will be the answer.

I guess no one said life is easy. I am on my own raising a 12 and 10 yr old. Have older children but they have their own lifes, 1 lives in the same city as I do with her husband. The other 2 in Georgia. So I have very good neighbors, that will help with my youngest ones. Just have to remind myself to take care of bills before going in.

thanks for listening :)

Comments

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Hi
    I've been following your story and am glad you are seeing the surgeon on Monday. Sounds like having a bag would be life changing for you---going from surviving to thriving. Can only imagine what a difference this could make for you and your family.
    You're right about things not being easy at times. The stress and fallout from the cancer takes its toll too. Having the bag will put you, somewhat at least, back in the driver's seat.
    Happy birthday to your youngest son and hope you can enjoy yourself for a bit on Sunday.
    Take care~
  • bspangler47
    bspangler47 Member Posts: 145
    tommycat said:

Hi
    I've been following your story and am glad you are seeing the surgeon on Monday. Sounds like having a bag would be life changing for you---going from surviving to thriving. Can only imagine what a difference this could make for you and your family.
    You're right about things not being easy at times. The stress and fallout from the cancer takes its toll too. Having the bag will put you, somewhat at least, back in the driver's seat.
    Happy birthday to your youngest son and hope you can enjoy yourself for a bit on Sunday.
    Take care~

Thank you
    Hi,

thank you very much for the support. The last couple of days has been very rough on me. My oldest daugther got upset with me because I havent gone to see or call my dr. But I already made plans for my sons birthday on Saturday. Told her if I dont feel any different then maybe I will go to the ER.

I have been feeling alot of pain on my left side in my back. So called my kidney dr and have to have a ultra sound done also.

I am already thinking that I have to schedule the surgery just right, and right down information for my daugther to pay my bills, if need be.

I have 1 of my grandsons spending the night. I really dont feel well but he helps keep my mind off of things. He is 3 yrs old. It is so differnt to have grandchildren, and hear them say "Grandma". I also have another grandson he will be 2 in October hopefully will be feeling better and start having him spend the night also.
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    blah blah blah
    this is the place to complain and share the blah blah blah!

I don't have much advice, but as i read your note... i DID think to myself something that several have said to me lately....

I, like you, worry about everyone else and want to make sure things are "taken care of"... but at a time like this, its time for you to worry about YOU!

My sister says to me... "take care of YOU today, so you can take care of them later."

I know you are worried about your sons birthday and the bills... but the birthday is more important than the bills... and YOU are more important to your son than anything.

take care of YOU girl!

cheers
  • bspangler47
    bspangler47 Member Posts: 145
    joemetz said:

blah blah blah
    this is the place to complain and share the blah blah blah!

I don't have much advice, but as i read your note... i DID think to myself something that several have said to me lately....

I, like you, worry about everyone else and want to make sure things are "taken care of"... but at a time like this, its time for you to worry about YOU!

My sister says to me... "take care of YOU today, so you can take care of them later."

I know you are worried about your sons birthday and the bills... but the birthday is more important than the bills... and YOU are more important to your son than anything.

take care of YOU girl!

cheers

thank you
    you are so right. I have to take care of myself better. It will be along day. I am waiting for 1 pm to get here. My oldest daughter and husband live in the same town as me, so waiting for them to come to help me out.

Its wierd but I can tell something isnt right inside me with my colon/digestive system. I feel bloated. Very uncomfortable and cold.

At times it is hard being a single parent and not feeling well. My 12 yr old and 10 yr old are a big help.

Its going to be a beautiful day today. 90 degrees