Decisions

Options
2»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

You didn't say
    what type of breast cancer you had. It is probably not tripple negative though as TNBC has chemo as it's biggest ally in the breast cancer fight. One thing to keep in mind is that chemo is no longer the great horror it once was. They have better ways of controlling the nausea. So if you were worried about nausea you may want to reconsider doing chemo.

I'm sending you the strength
    I'm sending you the strength and wisdom to make your choice. Like one of the other pink sisters wrote, I don't know what I would do with the information you were given.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Megan
  • beachmom
    beachmom Member Posts: 50
    Options
    same with me...
    I had the same 3% advantage if I did the chemo. I weighed my options, looked at side effects (long term) of the chemo and decided not to do it. I also asked him the question that was suggested above, would you want your wife or daughter to go the chemo route. He said no, he didn't feel it was enough to put your body through that. I left that day feeling on top of the world with my decision! At the next visit, I asked to review everything again just to make sure, and again I felt like we had made the right decision.

While we don't know if I'll have a recurrence, we don't know that I won't either. I know that either way, I'm treating myself on my terms and what's best for me and my family at this point in life. I'm on Aremidex daily and will take that for 5 years. I really feel like no matter what treatment you do, you will always question whether it was right or not.

I wish you peace with whatever you decide. It will be right for YOU and that is all that matters!

Keely
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    beachmom said:

same with me...
    I had the same 3% advantage if I did the chemo. I weighed my options, looked at side effects (long term) of the chemo and decided not to do it. I also asked him the question that was suggested above, would you want your wife or daughter to go the chemo route. He said no, he didn't feel it was enough to put your body through that. I left that day feeling on top of the world with my decision! At the next visit, I asked to review everything again just to make sure, and again I felt like we had made the right decision.

While we don't know if I'll have a recurrence, we don't know that I won't either. I know that either way, I'm treating myself on my terms and what's best for me and my family at this point in life. I'm on Aremidex daily and will take that for 5 years. I really feel like no matter what treatment you do, you will always question whether it was right or not.

I wish you peace with whatever you decide. It will be right for YOU and that is all that matters!

Keely

I know this is a difficult
    I know this is a difficult decision and I will be praying that you will decide on what is right for you and you only.

Hugs, Debby