New to CSN Tongue cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• stayingpositive
    stayingpositive Member Posts: 89
    Options
    bang yer thumb with a hammer
    and ya won't think about it fer about half an hour! its true, proven fact! well in a single one man trial anyway.
    I'm thinking at one time or another everyone will think about it at least once, personally I probably think about it a few times each day, then just as quickly forget about it, cause something comes up, phone call, mother-in-law or the cat wants my attention yet again, did I forget to mention she (the cat, not the mother-in-law), hasn't stopped bugging me every 20 min since I had my surgery on march the first? only time before the surgery she ever wanted me was in the morning for food or at 10:30pm for playtime (which she hardly ever got since my bedtime was 10:00pm). Well the purring useually helps me forget, um what was I talking about?....see there it works.
    Seriously tho, everyone will think about it, me, after it hits me I really don't like to think negitive about it, just realistcally about it. If it does come back i'll handle (fight) it anyway I need to, there now, no need to think about it anymore.
    Hope you stay positive

Bill
  • RinMinn
    RinMinn Member Posts: 18
    Options

I ditto "ditto"!!!
    I also am so uncertain of the future, but I know who holds the future!! AND I'm SO thankful for these boards and the knowledge that I have. I'm going for my consult today with 2 pages of questions that I've gleaned from these boards and the courageous folks that are in this battle!! Thanks to one and all!!!!

Consult
    Hi Mrs. Sarge,
    I hope your consult went well today!
  • RinMinn
    Options

bang yer thumb with a hammer
    and ya won't think about it fer about half an hour! its true, proven fact! well in a single one man trial anyway.
    I'm thinking at one time or another everyone will think about it at least once, personally I probably think about it a few times each day, then just as quickly forget about it, cause something comes up, phone call, mother-in-law or the cat wants my attention yet again, did I forget to mention she (the cat, not the mother-in-law), hasn't stopped bugging me every 20 min since I had my surgery on march the first? only time before the surgery she ever wanted me was in the morning for food or at 10:30pm for playtime (which she hardly ever got since my bedtime was 10:00pm). Well the purring useually helps me forget, um what was I talking about?....see there it works.
    Seriously tho, everyone will think about it, me, after it hits me I really don't like to think negitive about it, just realistcally about it. If it does come back i'll handle (fight) it anyway I need to, there now, no need to think about it anymore.
    Hope you stay positive

Bill

LOL I will skip the hammer
    Hi Bill,
    thanks for the laugh!
    I have noticed the same with my cat. She does get me to forget about it.
    She knows I am different now. I guess we all are different now.
    My friends say I am different I guess I am different.
    Maybe I am a pod person now LOL
    Went into surgey and fell asleep and now I am a pod person.
    Oh geez I am losing it!
    Anyways...........
    Hang tough everyone. We all will get through this. We are Blessed. God showed us the way to find each other on here.
    GBA,
    Renee
  • RinMinn
    Options
    ditto1 said:

WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS
    I to am new to this community, and I have not even got a complete diagnosis yet on where I stand, so I guess it will be a while before I worry if it comes back, now Im just working at dealing with it. But I will say if I had not found this website I know I would just be totally freaked out. Because the Doctors as good as they maybe will not give you what you need at this time... Google can scare the heck out of you if you try to play Doctor. So I too come to this board 2 or 3 times a day as does my wife.. from the initial knowledge of knowing I had cancer to the MASK freakout, to my Fine Needle yesterday, I had these fine folks come to my (not overstated) RESCUE. So for me I go to God first thing everyday and H&N second....

we are the newbies
    Hi Ditto1,
    I too was getting freaked out looking at google and stats and wow all the other stuff about cancer out there.
    Then I came on here and it was like a load was lifted off my shoulders and I could think clearer.
    Thanks to everyone in our little "communities!"

Renee
  • stayingpositive
    Options
    RinMinn said:

LOL I will skip the hammer
    Hi Bill,
    thanks for the laugh!
    I have noticed the same with my cat. She does get me to forget about it.
    She knows I am different now. I guess we all are different now.
    My friends say I am different I guess I am different.
    Maybe I am a pod person now LOL
    Went into surgey and fell asleep and now I am a pod person.
    Oh geez I am losing it!
    Anyways...........
    Hang tough everyone. We all will get through this. We are Blessed. God showed us the way to find each other on here.
    GBA,
    Renee

Here's to the Pod people!
    that must be it! you've found out, the survivors are Pod people!

Hope you stay Podsitive

Bill
  • RinMinn
    Options

Here's to the Pod people!
    that must be it! you've found out, the survivors are Pod people!

Hope you stay Podsitive

Bill

Had to escape
    Hi all,
    I just had to escape and get out into the woods for a day. Just go blank for a bit.
    Was definately what I needed.
    I hope all my Pod people survivor friends are hanging tough.
    I have a question, before my surgery it seemed like I was always "burning up inside" but ever since surgery I am cold now. Anyone else like that? Or is it just me?
    We took pictures yesterday and am hoping we can figure out how to get 1 on here. We aren't very computer literate. D'oh! :-)
    Have a wonderful weekend all!
    GBA
    R
  • stayingpositive
    Options
    RinMinn said:

Had to escape
    Hi all,
    I just had to escape and get out into the woods for a day. Just go blank for a bit.
    Was definately what I needed.
    I hope all my Pod people survivor friends are hanging tough.
    I have a question, before my surgery it seemed like I was always "burning up inside" but ever since surgery I am cold now. Anyone else like that? Or is it just me?
    We took pictures yesterday and am hoping we can figure out how to get 1 on here. We aren't very computer literate. D'oh! :-)
    Have a wonderful weekend all!
    GBA
    R

Welcome back rinminn
    good to hear from yu again
    I recently learned how to post pictures, however they are in a different place, your own about me page "clickhere" at top, the select the tab "expressions" and you can post pictures there, lots of other things too.

Stay Podsitive

Bill
  • RinMinn
    Options

Welcome back rinminn
    good to hear from yu again
    I recently learned how to post pictures, however they are in a different place, your own about me page "clickhere" at top, the select the tab "expressions" and you can post pictures there, lots of other things too.

Stay Podsitive

Bill

Tanks
    Tanks and grenades Bill,
    hehehe
    We will experiment and hopefully not blow up the computer.
    You stay Podsitive too! (say that 3 times real fast!) LMAO it don't work!
    End up spitting all over.
    TC
    GBA,
    Renee