Also have this on my mind

lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
I was in and out of the hospital thru march and i am still confused on what to do with my diagnosis. The told me that i have inflamation in my stomach, intestines and thikening in the wall of my colon. Does anyone have any idea what these could mean? Should i have a colonoscopy? Should i worry about it right now. All i was told was about all the inflamation and my white count was elevated and the one time they admitted me to feed my antibiotics thru an IV for three days. One doctor told me i should have a colonoscopy and another said i dont need to worry. And what causes inflamation in your stomach and intestines. Just a virus? Just wondering if anybody would have a clue. Being here and reading other posts and writing back is getting my mind off zach right now.
Laura

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Yes, I would.
    Laura, if I were you, I would have it. It would give you peace of mind with your worrying about the colon.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    sea60 said:

Yes, I would.
    Laura, if I were you, I would have it. It would give you peace of mind with your worrying about the colon.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Please do
    Please do have the colonoscopy. I am relatively new to the BC site, I just two weeks ago had a double mastectomy for a very rare secretory carcinoma of the breast, but a year ago finished treatment for Stage3 Anal Cancer. Anal Cancer is considered to have a high cure rate but often along with other infections and treatable diseases of that area don't get caught early because its an embarrasing thing to discuss. Chances are you just have some digestive system issue maybe even just due to other stress going on right now, but please check to rule out anything serious. A colonoscopy is not that bad (in case you have never had one) and you will have some peace of mind knowing you checked. You are in my prayers everyday, please let us know how things go.
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    I would have the colonoscopy after things settle down...
    Laura,
    I just had a colonoscopy mostly because I had been having some GI issues for quite a while and just ignored them. I figured I've had every other test under the sun, might as well have this one. The prep was not the most fun thing I've ever done, but it was over quickly and the actual procedure was very fast. Actually I remembering the nurse telling me she was going to give me some demerol and then BAM the dr. came in to tell me that everything looked great and he would see me in 5 years.