anxiety

Options
klynn
klynn Member Posts: 4
edited September 2023 in Breast Cancer #1
I have alot of anxiety ive tried yoga. Mediation. The Dr did put me on medsfor it but it still comes. How do some of u cope? Its my 2 nd reacurrance since 2003 and I seem to be having a harder time dealing with it then I before. And last time I was stage 3 inflamotry breast cancer with the her2 positive gene. Pregnant with my second son. ( who will be 9 soon :-) Now its back stage 1-2 and in my liver lower spine andmy sterum. I'm having a very hard time this time. Mostly the anxiety. Anyone have anything. That helps them?

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    anxiety
    Klynn, I am sorry that you are dealing with this recurrence. Here are a few things that
    have helped me: Prayer, this discussion board, keeping busy, setting small goals, just enjoying each day and helping others with volunteer work. I have been on an antidepressant for years, but, if I weren't, I would be checking into that. I wish I could give you more to ease your mind. (((Hugs))) and prayers sent your way.
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Tux said:

anxiety
    Klynn, I am sorry that you are dealing with this recurrence. Here are a few things that
    have helped me: Prayer, this discussion board, keeping busy, setting small goals, just enjoying each day and helping others with volunteer work. I have been on an antidepressant for years, but, if I weren't, I would be checking into that. I wish I could give you more to ease your mind. (((Hugs))) and prayers sent your way.

Klyn
    I find that the breathing and staying in the day as much as I can really helped me with this past bc - stage #4. I also take a low dose of wellbutrin every day and on particularly bad days, I took attivan (sp?) I don't have the bad days so much anymore. I think breathing the fear out helped me more than anything and still does. Stay with us Klyn. Also, I know alcohol is a depressant so be careful with that. Red meat, sugar and caffeine contribute to anxiety so be careful with those things too. You're in my prayers!

Hugs,
    Pam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Klyn
    I find that the breathing and staying in the day as much as I can really helped me with this past bc - stage #4. I also take a low dose of wellbutrin every day and on particularly bad days, I took attivan (sp?) I don't have the bad days so much anymore. I think breathing the fear out helped me more than anything and still does. Stay with us Klyn. Also, I know alcohol is a depressant so be careful with that. Red meat, sugar and caffeine contribute to anxiety so be careful with those things too. You're in my prayers!

Hugs,
    Pam

Hi Klynn. I don't take any
    Hi Klynn. I don't take any antidepressants, but, many do, and for them, they really seem to help. You might also talk to your onco about some anxiety or nerve pill. That might help to calm your nerves when you get anxious.

I just live each day to the fullest and thank God that I am still NED. Ofcourse the fear will still creep in about having bc, but, I try to put it in the back as much as possible.

I will be praying for you,

Leeza
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Anxiety
    I had a hard time handling anxiety and sleep right before I quit working. Then I had an anxiety attack at work. Big wake-up call. I talked to my doctor because I did not want anything that would have a side-effect that would make me sleepy because I am a divorced mom with 3 kids who needs to be able to be awakened easily. She prescribed Ativan. So far, it has worked. I hope this helps!

Dorene
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    klynn
    I have suffered with depression and anxiety and i too have three children. Sometimes i would go into full panic mode and have the worst anxiety attacks. Some things that have helped me is being on an antidepressant and also i used to be on xanax, but my doctor switch me to valium because it peaks at a slower rate and tends to stay in your system longer than the xanax. Im not a pill head or anything, but i couldnt continue with living like i was without something. I also love to write and keep a journal. Sometimes just getting it out even on paper is a big help and i love to write poetry too. I like to read as well to get my mind somewhere else other than just sitting and allowing the time for my depression and anxiety to build on me. Most of all, keep coming back here for advice and sometimes laughter from these wonderful sisters and fighters and warriors and others who are struggling. A big therapy for me is reaching out to others that are going through so much of what i did and still am going through. I get a big blessing and feel so fullfilled with helping others and getting things out that way. Prayers and hugs to you and hang in there.
    take care
    Laura
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    I understand your axiety. I
    I understand your axiety. I finished treatments in October. I have found it harder to heal "mentally" than physically. I can only imagine with a second reaccurrance what you are going through. I am sure one of your big concerns are your children. I pray daily that I can live to see my children raised.
    Praying and excercise seem to help my anxiety. When I am having a bad day, the breathing thing helps as well.

Good luck

Cindy
  • klynn
    Options
    Cinkal said:

I understand your axiety. I
    I understand your axiety. I finished treatments in October. I have found it harder to heal "mentally" than physically. I can only imagine with a second reaccurrance what you are going through. I am sure one of your big concerns are your children. I pray daily that I can live to see my children raised.
    Praying and excercise seem to help my anxiety. When I am having a bad day, the breathing thing helps as well.

Good luck

Cindy

thank you
    It has been hard this time. Butbeen trying to keep my self busy. My children are my life. The defkeep me going. Prey is also my key. My time with God. Helps most. Of all.I will be prayng for u as well.
  • klynn
    Options
    lolad said:

klynn
    I have suffered with depression and anxiety and i too have three children. Sometimes i would go into full panic mode and have the worst anxiety attacks. Some things that have helped me is being on an antidepressant and also i used to be on xanax, but my doctor switch me to valium because it peaks at a slower rate and tends to stay in your system longer than the xanax. Im not a pill head or anything, but i couldnt continue with living like i was without something. I also love to write and keep a journal. Sometimes just getting it out even on paper is a big help and i love to write poetry too. I like to read as well to get my mind somewhere else other than just sitting and allowing the time for my depression and anxiety to build on me. Most of all, keep coming back here for advice and sometimes laughter from these wonderful sisters and fighters and warriors and others who are struggling. A big therapy for me is reaching out to others that are going through so much of what i did and still am going through. I get a big blessing and feel so fullfilled with helping others and getting things out that way. Prayers and hugs to you and hang in there.
    take care
    Laura

hi
    Dr put me on caned seems to help. I'm not much of s pill person either but sometime when I feel coming on it's. Llike plz don't let Mrs have a panic attack. Plus I don't even know why they come. I know with the cancer yea that's prob the biggest. Reason. I have slot of support which makes it easier and my pray time. Thankyon id will keeping in my prayers also
  • klynn
    Options
    lolad said:

klynn
    take care
    Laura

hi
    Dr put me on caned seems to help. I'm not much of s pill person either but sometime when I feel coming on it's. Llike plz don't let Mrs have a panic attack. Plus I don't even know why they come. I know with the cancer yea that's prob the biggest. Reason. I have slot of support which makes it easier and my pray time. Thankyon id will keeping in my prayers also
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    klynn said:

hi

You've got all the support
    You've got all the support you want with the pink sisters klynn. We are here for you. I hope the meds that your doctor put you on will help too.

Big hugs,

Megan
  • Diarmuid88.
    Diarmuid88. Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

It’s 2023 and I notice all the anxiety posts for breast cancer were 2012. What are people doing for anxiety and depression and ocd?

I had lobular bc stage 1b 5 years ago and have not been able to get over it. Had dmx and radiation but no chemo. I’m in remission but have a lot of anxiety and pills don’t help ( klonapin helps a little, I have headache today and a cough. I try to swim 2x a week and walk everyday. Wake up with anxiety by evening I feel less anxious. They tried me on 20 diff antianxiety pills and other things like tms. I see so many with bc who are not having this stress. I pray and eat ok and try my best. Anyone out there have better success than me. The cancer is in remission. Any suggestions.

thanks

how can I change my name in case it’s printed, first time doing this