LESIONS ON MY DAUGHTER'S LIVER. HELP

nempark
nempark Member Posts: 681
Hello everyone: I have decided to come on board here because the Leukemia site is not good in replying and keeping up to date. My 44 year old daughter was dx in November 2011 with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Treatment went very well until last week she started to have pains and swollen lymph nodes. Today, had a scan and was told that some more lesions have come up on the liver. Please advise me what to do we are totally DEVASTATED. Doctor said all is not lost after bone marrow biopsy tomorrow him and his team will work out a new plan. She is being treated at Englewood Medical Center in New Jersey. Any suggestions would be really helpful. Please help. June

Comments

• nmglassey
    nmglassey Member Posts: 2
    I think we are in the same
    I think we are in the same boat. The best thing to do is have everyone in the family tested to see if they are a bone marrow, skin/tissue, blood match. I've been doing a ton a research online. My Dad is starting a low dose daily chemo treatment in addition to the treatments he is getting at UCLA. I'm going to get myself tested and see if I am a organ match to my Dad. The liver is able to regenerate and grow back, it's the only organ that can do that so if it's at all possible to have a partical transplant that might be something you can look into.
  • harrietpeter
    harrietpeter Member Posts: 6
    nmglassey said:

I think we are in the same
    I think we are in the same boat. The best thing to do is have everyone in the family tested to see if they are a bone marrow, skin/tissue, blood match. I've been doing a ton a research online. My Dad is starting a low dose daily chemo treatment in addition to the treatments he is getting at UCLA. I'm going to get myself tested and see if I am a organ match to my Dad. The liver is able to regenerate and grow back, it's the only organ that can do that so if it's at all possible to have a partical transplant that might be something you can look into.

bone marrow donations
    Firstly, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. It's such a heart-wrenching situation that you really shouldn't have to experience. I just wanted to add really quickly that if no one in your family is a match for bone marrow, skin/tissue, blood, reach out to your closest family friends and other extended family members. Getting on the national or state organ donation list is just too much of a hassle to deal with. I'd avoid that at all costs and try to find someone you know personally to circumvent the process. Best wishes
  • hopefulhusband
    hopefulhusband Member Posts: 7
    combine conventional with non-conventional
    My wife was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma, a rare cancer liver. We are now having her treated at Dana Farber but I plan to convince the family to consider Germany's St. George Klinik or Paracelsus in Switzerland. Look them up if you wish to consider hyperthermia and detox of the liver. Alternative: check Fuda hospital in Guangzhou in China. Feel free to contact me at arlaba2007@gmail.com for more info. Tony