Herceptin Treatment Halted

BetsyJane
BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
My herceptin treatments will not be started up again. My muga scan showed my heart infraction ratio went from 63 to 51 (in eight months) so I went off Herceptin for four months and my last muga showed it had gone back up to 56....I wanted to start back up on Herceptin but my oncologist advised I see a cardiologist first to get more tests. After going to the cardiologist and getting an echocardiogram, my infraction ratio results showed 50 ejection fractin rate (borderline danger zone)......so my oncologist does not want to take a chance and is stopping me from further Herceptin treatments. I've already gotten 11 out of 17 treatments. I don't know of anyone on this board where they didn't finish their Herceptin.....guess I am one of the first. I am at peace with my oncologists decision as I did pray and know my life is in Gods hands.

I am being deported on Thursday (hip hip horray) but will continue on with Arimidex for another 4 1/2 years.

I just wanted to thank my pink sisters who answered my questions regarding "if they ever had to stop Herceptin."

Betty

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    I am sorry that you have to
    I am sorry that you have to stop Herceptin Betty. I don't know if anyone else here had to stop or not. I hope they will respond to you if they did.

Congrats on the deporting coming up!

Good luck,

Lex
  • Sally_Paul
    Sally_Paul Member Posts: 6
    stop treatment
    Dear Betty,

Yes my husband had to stop his treatment for herecptin also, it was too hard on his heart. He had another 12 sessions to go through but never got to finish them. So you are not alone regarding stopping treatment.

Hope everything goes well with you, all the best and yes it is all in God's hands, he has total control.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I have been on weekly hercepting
    since mid November, my onco did one echo cardiogram and they said my heart was good. That was in February. Is that the same as a muga scan? No one mentioned anything about infraction ratio's. Should I be asking about this? I have seen others post about it also.

Just wondering.
    Carol