OT: Yeah, I Did It! I Ran a 5K!

Options
Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
This is off the topic but I wanted to share my good news with you. I ran the 5K Run for Education this morning with my husband and daughter. My daughter ran with a friend and Mark and I ran together. I came in at 34 minutes! June 2009 marks my 3rd annual Survivorship Anniversary.

I am not a runner, but am proud of myself for completing the race from start to finish. Now I am considering signing up for the Revlon Run/Walk come May! I went last year and had a great time celebrating with so many other Survivors, Friends, and Family members who went!

Take care to all.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Congrats
    Ines
    Congratulations! I am proud of you, great accomplishment considering all the treatments you have had during this journey. While cancer has become a part of our life it will never stop us from enjoying every day and moving forward.
    Hugs
  • Bella Luna
    Options

Congrats
    Ines
    Congratulations! I am proud of you, great accomplishment considering all the treatments you have had during this journey. While cancer has become a part of our life it will never stop us from enjoying every day and moving forward.
    Hugs

Moving Forward
    Thank you, Olga. Yes, I am moving forward! Cancer doesn't define who I am, absolutely! Appreciate your kind words.
    Ines
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    !!!!!!!
    Good for you !!!!!!!! It gives me hope. I still have to grab a ride to my car after The Walk. But I accept that. So glad you have some"normal".
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

!!!!!!!
    Good for you !!!!!!!! It gives me hope. I still have to grab a ride to my car after The Walk. But I accept that. So glad you have some"normal".

Great job!
    That is wonderful! How amazing it feels now to accomplish these things. I'm proud of you.

Hugs, Renee
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Tanfastic
    I don't run (unless I had to for my life) since I got out of the Army but I know for so many it is such a natural high. Well my Corgi and I will walk 5K once she's back in shape - yes she ia the one that is more out of shape. Give me my horses or bike and I'm ready to go.

Congratulations!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Go YOU!!!
    CONGRATS!! That's a great accomplishment.
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options
    sea60 said:

Go YOU!!!
    CONGRATS!! That's a great accomplishment.

You go girl
    Congratulations. What an awesome accomplishment. Keep it up :)

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

You go girl
    Congratulations. What an awesome accomplishment. Keep it up :)

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Congrats!
    So very proud of you!!!!! I'm like Rague...I couldn't run unless my life depended on it..ha ha
    You need to pat yourself on the back....and to do it with your family makes it that much more special....

Wishing you continued good health!
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl!
    That is a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations and hopes for many more 5Ks for you in the future!

Keep on movin'
    Clementine
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Way to go, girl!
    That is a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations and hopes for many more 5Ks for you in the future!

Keep on movin'
    Clementine

Ines, I am so PROUD of you!!
    Getting your groove back, and tackling new frontiers. Thank you for sharing this
    milestone with us -- I see that smile on your face!

Hugs, and miles of asphalt in your future.

Vicki Sam
  • Bella Luna
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Ines, I am so PROUD of you!!
    Getting your groove back, and tackling new frontiers. Thank you for sharing this
    milestone with us -- I see that smile on your face!

Hugs, and miles of asphalt in your future.

Vicki Sam

Ouch... my aching hamstring
    Thank you all for your encouragement. I tell you, this 47 year old body is aching this morning. My left leg, arm, and back are sore but I am smiling just the same. I will stretch out some more and take an aspirin.

I look out the window and see the sun is out and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful Sunday! My love to you all.
    Ines